Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

vbimport

When i try to make a back-up of this disk in DVD Shrink im told that the disk has an invalid navigation structure. How do i solve this problem, or what other program can i use to shrink this disk onto a single layer disk?

jono

Personally, I’d recommend the CloneDVD/AnyDVD combination, but, as some people have an adversity to paying for software, if you’re looking for a freeware solution, get a copy of DVDFab Decrypter, rip it to your hard drive, and use DVD Shrink on that.

Running clonedvd2 v2.8.9.8 with AnyDVD 5.8.4.1 the clone fails with an error

"unexpected error"
IFOProperties 6
when trying to read the disc

I did the UK R2 disc with Pgcedit and its Arcoss plugin. I then put it in DVD Shrink.

thats and old version of anydvd, update it and try again

Yeah, same here my friend! :frowning:

I’m tryin’ to copy the first disc and just can’t seem to do it with anything! Looks like this might be some new protection we haven’t seen yet?! :confused:

I’ve tried using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 (probably a bit too dated for the newer protections!) and DVD Shrink and neither of them could do it. When looking at the files on the DVD they do seem very different from normal DVD’s, there are many files on the disc (more so than usual).

I’ve got a feeling that the disc is packed out (to make the disc ‘appear’ a certain size) with bad sectors which the copiers seem to be overlooking. I’m trying to copy it with an ISO copier I have on the Xbox and will let you know how I get on…

Good luck fellas!

The UK disc has Arcoss and has it in 01_01.VOB and VTS 33.

If AnyDVD cannot do it. It has to be updated or use pgcedit and its arcoss PSL2 plugin with FixVTS. This will rip any DVD with the help of DVD Decrypter.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=58318

See my post above for advice. Try to copy this or any new movie with the default DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink alone will likely cause you problems. Get AnyDVD or DVD Fab Decrypter(freeware) to solve your problems with this movie. Make sure you are using the very latest version of the software you choose.

@Fluffers:
AnyDVD can do it. Enable the automatic update check (it is there for a reason) so you don’t need to bother people with useless posts.