Final Destination 4 burning problem

I have the new Fab 6218 installedl. It rips and burns just fine. I burn at 4x using Taiyo Yuden DVDs and have tried both Nero and IMGBurn for this movie. Problem is, when i play it, half way through the movie it skips and jumps. I played the original and it works fine. What’s the problem here?

[QUOTE=jmazz;2482055]I have the new Fab 6218 installedl. It rips and burns just fine. I burn at 4x using Taiyo Yuden DVDs and have tried both Nero and IMGBurn for this movie. Problem is, when i play it, half way through the movie it skips and jumps. I played the original and it works fine. What’s the problem here?[/QUOTE]

Jf you are using Taiyo Yuden I suggest you burn at the rated burn speed for those Taiyo Yuden, also if you are doing just main movie make sure you are removing the layer break which BTW sounds like the area where you are having the problem.

And your best bet is to use ImgBurn as the burn engine…

Thanks Stormjumper for the reply. I tried 4 different ways last night to copy this movie properly and nothing works. I do use IMGBurn and i burn at 4x with the taiyo yudens. I also tried main movie as my last option last night and it didn’t work. It burns fine but when i play it and watch it [B][U]pixelates[/U][/B] alot throughout the movie. Must be a new protection on it because i can’t figure it out. I tried older versions, new versions with pathplayer on and off different burning programs everything you can try. Nothing worked. I got 6 coasters and i’m done trying. So i sent the IFO’s to the team and hopefully they can resolve this.

After ripping it with Fab 4 times in different ways there are 2 unplayable cells that can’t and won’t be removed and I know this is whats causing the pixelating when watching the movie. I already sent the IFO files to the Fab team and I hope they can fix it. Here is the IFO files.

Info for drive [F:] (DVDFab 6.2.1.8)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Volume name: FINAL_DESTINATION_4
Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is not found.

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
Fake vts protection is not found!
Bad sector protection is not found!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is enabled!
Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:4 cell:1) is removed!
Unplayable cell (vts:3 title pgc:1 cell:1) is removed!
2 unplayable cells are removed!

Pathplayer says that it has removed the unplayable cells but it doesn’t. I know this because I made a back up copy and read it with Fab and the unplayable cells still appear.

I had this movie for a week now and no problems using the latest DVDFab so maybe you got a bad disc

Nope not a bad disc. I watched the movie I bought before I tried to copy it and it had no problems. When I watched it after I burned it I had problems.

Some movies that are pressed bad will view with no problems,but they will not backup with a darn.
Take the movie back and get another copy.

Thanks bean for your advice. I can’t bring it back since it’s a store bougth movie and I’ve opened it already but my friend had a copy himself that he bought when it officially came out. So I made a backup copy of his and still having problems. I’m lost with this one.

[QUOTE=jmazz;2483209]Thanks bean for your advice. I can’t bring it back since it’s a store bougth movie and I’ve opened it already but my friend had a copy himself that he bought when it officially came out. So I made a backup copy of his and still having problems. I’m lost with this one.[/QUOTE]

That won’t be a problem as any store recognises that you have to open the packaging to find out whether it’s faulty or not. :wink:

Try the recent beta though and see how you get on.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jmazz;2483209]Thanks bean for your advice. I can’t bring it back since it’s a store bougth movie and I’ve opened it already but my friend had a copy himself that he bought when it officially came out. So I made a backup copy of his and still having problems. I’m lost with this one.[/QUOTE]

As Wombler stated the stores know that sometimes the disc do not play right, as long as it still looks brand new they will usually replace it. Just tell them it had problems during playing, freezing up or something.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

There are two versions of this title: 1. The stripped down version, and 2. The 2 disc 3d version. I backed up the single disc version with no problems using Fab 6.2.1.8

They won’t return it and so I opted to buy another one and that one didn’t work either. I don’t get it. I played it again and watched it again and it worked just fine but when i made a back up copy of the second one i bought it didn’t work either. This is really starting to annoy me. And cloudy with a chance of meatballs won’t work for me either. Am i the only having problems with this movie?

[QUOTE=Redking1;2483650]There are two versions of this title: 1. The stripped down version, and 2. The 2 disc 3d version. I backed up the single disc version with no problems using Fab 6.2.1.8[/QUOTE]

I’ve made a minor edit to your post.

Please note that it’s against forum rules to discuss that here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

LOL. Well I figured out what the problem was. It was my DVD Player. LOL. I tried it on another DVD player and it worked fine. My DVD player just had it’s final play of movies. Oh well. So sorry to all for creating this post when it wasn’t a problem with DVDFab at all. Thanks to all who tried to help me.

Just glad to hear you got it. :iagree: Sometimes it is the simple things we overlook. :slight_smile: