Files grow in transfer

[qanda]This thread is about the HP 16X DVD+R/-RW Drive with Double Layer Density +R Support with Light Scribe. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 with a TSSTCDDVDW TS-L632N dvd drive. When copying files to it (3.27GB, 3822 files, 24 folders), the entire DVD+R is used before all files are written to it. HP was less than helpful; in fact, they gave up on it. Does anyone have a possible explanantion and cure? This is an internal drive; please ignore the one I put in the header.

Don’t know what is causing it.

Perhaps you can put all the files into an ISO file and burn the ISO to a disk. You can make the ISO with ImgBurn in Build mode and have it output to Device (your burner) rather than make the ISO on the hard drive.
ImgBurn is free to download and use: www.imgburn.com

ImgBurn can also give you an estimate on size of the compilation when you have all the folders/files in it. Just click on the calculator icon.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

Please explain - What burning program you are using, and what method you are using … also, the size of the majority of files would be useful.