Files found on the DVD

vbimport

OK - I’m very new at this. I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and find them easy to use and very reliable.

But…

When I need to remove some files from the source DVD (so it fits on a standard DVD) there are files that a bit confusing to understand what they are.

For example: Shark Tale
2 video files
1 with a playtime of 1:26:04, 21 chapters, and audio setings of “AC3/6EN, AC3/6DN, AC3/6NO, AC3/2EN, dcmts1”

Another with 1 with a playtime of 1:23:41, 11 chapters, and audio setings of “AC3/6EN, AC3/6DN, AC3/6NO, AC3/2EN, dcmts1”

Still other files with 0:00 playtime AC3/2EN. There are multiple files with 0:00 playtimes

How do I know what to remove?

I wasted 4 disks with “Fantasia” because the only audio I ended up with was the directors comments. Still not sure what I did to get it right.

TIA: CG

The IFO file/s contain the info on the dvd structure
The BUP file/s are backups of the IFO file/s
The VOB file/s are the actual video
You should d/l and try Dvdshrink (free) this will allow you to rip and compress a dvd to fit on a single blank dvd. If the dvd has one of the new copy protections on it use Dvddecrypter (free) to rip to your hard drive and compress the rip with Dvdshrink. Both excellent tools.

I’m just wondering, how did this answer the main question? What does anything you typed have to do with what the thread maker was asking?

Quote “When I need to remove some files from the source DVD (so it fits on a standard DVD) there are files that a bit confusing to understand what they are.”

As I state above I was explaining what each file is/are.
If he physically removes any of the IFO or VOB file/s he will disrupt the file structure of the dvd movie.
So I stated he would be better to use Dvdshrink to rip and compress as this would maintain the integrity of the dvd in question.

He didn’t ask about any IFO, BUP or VOB file and as he stated he is new to this, so he used the wrong word, which is ‘File’.

Since he is new, CloneDVD is the best software to use. I will try and answer his question for him.

cybergranddad asked:

How do I know what to remove?

With Clone you have a preview window, if you click on the item it will show in the preview window, if you don’t want it uncheck it. What ever is unchecked will not go onto your new DVDR.

Sometimes you come across a movie with files that look similiar, those are sometimes multiple angles in a movie.

Your question of Audio settings can be adjusted in the next Cell(or window).

0:00 playtime = I usually just delete them.

sometimes it is a very good idea to read the help file first, where you can find almost all the help you need.

And try with some DVD RW first to find out to use program.

It sure helped me

Thanks for the replies.

Gee - read the instructions? Won’t my b*lls fall off or somenthing?

The DVD-RW idea sounds like a good one. I guess my main confusion was around the only audio I ended up with was the directors comments on the whole film while the film played, and none of the needed audio.

Great forum BTW. Thanks for everyone’s help.

CG

The DVD-RW idea sounds like a good one. I guess my main confusion was around the only audio I ended up with was the directors comments on the whole film while the film played, and none of the needed audio.

Yes using the DVD RW’s for testing is a great idea, you can’t really go wrong with that, just make sure your standalone DVD player will play them, the % of Standalone DVD players using RW’s has the lowest chances.

Your question on Directors Comments. That part would be taken care of in the ‘Audio and Subtitle Settings’ and not the Preview Window or as it’s called the ‘Title Configuration’.

In the Preview Window portion where you see: AC3/6EN, AC3/6DN, AC3/6NO, AC3/2EN, dcmts1.
That is letting you know that the movie is covered under each of those Audio Selection’s, until you remove them from the Audio Setting screen.