File transfers too slow, DVD burning affected. Windows 7?

vbimport

I’ve just installed Windows 7 along with a new Sony Optiarc AD-7240S-0B which is replacing a broken Samsung SH-S203B and whenever I go to burn a disc, Imgburn throws ‘Waiting for buffers to recover’ warnings up like crazy, every time.

File transfers are slow too, starting at 20 MB/s and settling in about 5-8 MB/s

First thing I did after Installing WIn7 was install drivers, specifically, I’d like to state, mobo chipset drivers. Afterward, disabled any extraneous services/processes but that didn’t even help the problem at all.

I don’t know. I really hope it isn’t anything hardware related. I’m going to install XP on a separate partittion and see if it isn’t an OS thing.

Help Pls! :sad:

<<< System Summary >>>
  > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-DS3L
  > Chipset : Intel P31/P35
  > Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz
  > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
  > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 
  > Hard Disk : ST3640323AS (640 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
  > DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA 
  > Network Card :  RTL8169/8110 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
  > Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600  (x64)
  > DirectX : Version 11.00
  > Windows Performance Index : 5.9

Problem exists in XP as well. I’m thinking my motherboard is crapping out. Any definitive way to test this?

Take that burner and install it on another computer and see if it burns and if it does that then something is wrong with your computer. Since we don’t know your DMA setup that is hard to know what but sounds like it went to PIO instead of staying of DMA settings but do check your settings use Imgburn to give report log of what your settings are set at.

DMA was the first thing I checked. All property screens say they’re Ultra DMA Mode 5. Unfortunately, I lack other SATA ready comps. I’ll probably drop by a friend’s house tommorow and see if I could raid one of her ports. As for the Imgburn settings report, uhm, how do I go about doing that exactly?

The reason I’m thinking It’s a problem with the southbridge is that all devices connected to it are all exhibiting slow behavior, and on the off chance that all (3) devices connected to it are failing, then the Mobo is the likeliest culprit?