Originally posted by arun_34
bet with Mr.B who posts the fastest reply for this problem i have…
Only found a Linux version so far
There are some methods in winrar itself though :
Three ways to view an incomplete Rar Archive:
Way One - in WinRar
- UnRar the typical way via WinRAR, but with the Keep Broken Files box checked
- once the program gives you the incomplete error message, before hitting okay or cancel, go into the folder the program has created.
- The video should be there.
If you have the first parts it should play up to the first missing chunk, and if it’s a mpg it might play past it.
Way Two - in Dos
You will need to have Winrar to use this. As long as you have the first (.RAR) section and any consecutive sections - .r00, .r01, .r02, etc from a DOS shell you can assemble all consecutive sections and STILL SAVE the file.
- Place a copy of Rar.exe into the directory with the rar parts you do have, up to the “break” in the chain.
- From a DOS prompt type: rar e -kb moviename-~1 .The e command extracts the file, and the -kb paramater says to keep broken files
Some problems encountered and how to correct:
- Since you are in DOS you need to do a DIR to make sure how the RAR file is named.
- I found that the filenames for the different sections vary slightly (nymph_-_XXX.rnn, Nymph–XXX.rnn, etc.) I had to go back and rename some of them so they would be consistent with the chain. You’ll recognize this when you get the error message "file Nymph??? fails CRC check. If you have that section go back and make sure it has the same name RAR.EXE is looking for.
Way Three - misc
Or, I’ve noticed using WinACE that it’ll unRAR incomplete RARs.
Source : http://usenethelp.codeccorner.com/WinRar.html
If you use Opera’s download manager or some other download manager it might be possible to open the file you are also downloading. However , if you use RAR , it expects a closed file. It might close the file itself (thus failing the download !) automagically.