FIFA world cup 2014

vbimport

The FIFA world cup kicked off last night with the opening game, with hosts Brazil taking on Croatia.

Croatia took the lead early on, but Brazil came back to win the game 3 - 1, helped out by a debatable penalty.

Todays games.
Mexico vs Cameroon
Spain vs The Netherlands
Chile vs Australia

Is any of you going to be watching the games?

Yeah, we have a fantasy football league running in work here but unfortunately the only team I have out of that lot is Spain.

I guess I’ll have to hope Spain beat The Netherlands then, but don’t tell DoMiN8ToR! :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Your chances aren’t looking good Wombler.

At the moment of writing this: SPA-NED : 1-4

Spain vs Holland
Spain are the current FIFA world cup holders.

Spain 1 Holland 5
Holland were outstanding in the second half, and just blew Spain away.
Great game. :clap:

[B]Results so far.[/B]

There have been some really good matches, some great goals, and some very poor refereeing.

Yep, Spain got absolutely thrashed.

The Netherlands played brilliantly.

Early days yet but it looks like I’ll have to hang my hopes on my other selected teams. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Germany a threat as always. Absolutely thrashed Portugal overnight (Australian time).

[QUOTE=philamber;2729931]Germany a threat as always. Absolutely thrashed Portugal overnight (Australian time).[/QUOTE]

And Germany is also one of my teams! :slight_smile:

For the record I went for:-

Brazil
Spain
Argentina
Germany
France
Italy
USA
South Korea

[B]Wombler[/B]

Belgium-Algeria 2-1

Our guys started with the runs dripping out of their pants because of the tension ,Algeria closed their ranks for pure defense and blocked every opening of the game,Eden Hazard had everytime at least 2 Algerian defenders on his back.
The Algerian keeper did a terrific job,while the belgians got a penalty against them because of a stupid mistake of Jan Vertonghen.
‘Big Rom’,Romelu Lukaku couldn’t get into the game and was replaced because of he couldn’t get a ball and was too late on every action,but substitutes Dries Mertens and Marouane Fellaini saved the day and brought us the 3 points…:bow:
Ball possession 69% for Belgium and 31% for Algeria,but that ball possession doesn’t mean anything if you can’t score…:disagree:

about to watch the korea match now…not sure what to expect

Took them some effort, but the Netherlands triumph once again.
Well done! :slight_smile:

We did it again! We won win 3-2 against Australia! Our players didn’t play well and Van Persie won’t be playing the next game due to two yellow cards, but we’re on to the next round…

And indeed congrats to our Belgian friends, would be cool to play against each other, I’m not so sure we would win…

Way to go,Holland!:clap::clap:…but the guys from downunder weren’t easy to deal with…:disagree:
I really like the 'attacking 'playing style of our Dutch neighbours…always some spectacle on the field…:iagree:

Spain out of the world cup, beaten by Chile 2 - 0, and with one game remaining in the group stages can’t amass enough points to go any further.
It seems all is not well in the Spain camp. I watched the game last night and they lacked imagination, created very little, and just didn’t look fit.

:iagree:
Only the 1st 20 minutes from the 2nd half they tried to put some pressure on Chile…but they couldn’t score,so their motiviation (and stamina)flowed away…
I think Spain has to start fresh to create a capable team again…

[QUOTE=Dee;2730025]Spain out of the world cup, beaten by Chile 2 - 0, and with one game remaining in the group stages can’t amass enough points to go any further.
It seems all is not well in the Spain camp. I watched the game last night and they lacked imagination, created very little, and just didn’t look fit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they were terrible!

They still messed around even when they got to the point of no return, instead of taking a few chances and trying to make things happen.

That’s a major dent in my Fantasy Football chances though as I had them as my number two team. :rolleyes:

There’s a points multiplier and you get 8x for your first selection, 7x for your second, etc etc. all the way down to 1x for your last team.

I’m not a massive football fan but my team consultant, aka the wife, who is a real fanatic, got it wrong too. :slight_smile:

Currently in 39th position out of 98. :doh:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Just a comment :
I won’t even watch one match .
It’s just not my “cup of tea or coffee”.

For those that like or love the sport . Enjoy!

Uruguay vs UK 2-1.
Statement of the year about Luis Suarez,by Roy Hodgson:

“I thought we controlled Suarez well in general play” …:confused:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2730100]Uruguay vs UK 2-1.
Statement of the year about Luis Suarez,by Roy Hodgson:

“I thought we controlled Suarez well in general play” …:confused:[/QUOTE]
Correction.
Uruguay vs England 2-1

Suarez had two chances to score, and took them both.
England, another team who just lacked imagination. IMO.

What the f* is happening in group D ???:eek::eek:
The underdog,Costa Rica,is leader ATM in the ‘poule of death’…:eek::clap::clap:
And in group E,France butchered it’s neighbour Switzerland with 5-2…:eek: