FIFA Soccer 2003 copied with BlindWrite but not CloneCD

Hey all.

I just wanted to report that I tried to copy FIFA Soccer 2003 with CloneCD Version 4.2.0.2 using the default game settings and it wouldn’t work. I then tried the presets provided by philamber (Moderator) but none of them worked
SEE HERE .

Then I downloaded Blindwrite Suite Version 4.2.5 and i copied the game CD without any problems!!

I thought CloneCD was better but I guess not in this case.

Good luck

John

Cendyne 48x24x48 (aka Lite on LTR-48246S)
by the way. . .i only paid $30 for this awesome burner at OfficeMax!!!

did you select “hide cdr media” in the clone cd tray icon when trying to play from a writer?

yes but it didn’t help. Besides, as I understand it, that feature only makes a difference if you put the CDR in a CDRW drive

quote from G@M3FR3@K :

“When you’ve read the small article you’ll know that ATIP simply checks if the game is played from a CD-R by reading the ATIP (pre-groove). When the protection does indeed find ATIP info on the disc the game will conclude the disc is a CD-R and is thus not the original disc and won’t run. A simple solution for this is to play the game from a normal CD-ROM which can’t read the ATIP info (only a CD-Writer can) but what if you only have a CD-Writer in your PC? Well here’s where the ‘Hide CD-R Media’ option comes in.”

yes it does

“yes it does” what? Work in non-CDRW drives? or Yes it does work only in CDRW drives?

Besides, as I understand it, that feature only makes a difference if you put the CDR in a CDRW drive

as far as i know clone cd has beaten fifa 2003 if you search through the forum you will find an answer.

if you wrote the disc using amplify weak sectors it wont work either

Originally posted by usthaiguy
[B]I just wanted to report that I tried to copy FIFA Soccer 2003 with CloneCD Version 4.2.0.2 using the default game settings and it wouldn’t work. I then tried the presets provided by philamber (Moderator) but none of them worked
SEE HERE .

Erm, there are no suggested pre-sets for clonecd in that thread. In fact, the thread is about copying safedisc 2 cds with programs other than ccd so I’m curious to know what “presets” you tried. :confused:

As stated at the top of the thread, for safedisc 2.8, discjuggler, discdump/fireburner and alcohol are all reliable, whilst blindwrite, clonecd, cd-mate and burnatonce are all hit or miss.

If blindwrite worked for you, great; but it doesn’t work for everyone (including me). If clonecd works for others, that’s great too; but again it doesn’t work for everyone (again including me).

here is the correct link to the presets :bigsmile:

I tried discdump but the dos window would never open so it never read the cd. . .i just gave up. Maybe i’ll try discjuggler or alcohol in the future.

thanks.

Originally posted by usthaiguy
I tried discdump but the dos window would never open so it never read the cd. . .i just gave up.

You probably don’t have a functioning adaptec aspi layer which is required for discdump to work.

Ok, i’ll find the adaptec aspi layer at the adaptec website. By the way, which is the MOST reliable out of discjuggler, discdump/fireburner and alcohol?

With a 2 sheep writer, discdump/fireburner is totally reliable and reports indicate that discjuggler is too (I can’t confirm this personally as I don’t use the program).

So far as alcohol is concerned, there have been some reports of failures with 2 sheep writers but as far as I can ascertain these all involve cases where the user has had “Bypass EFM Error” checked (which should never be done with a 2 sheep burner and especially not with a Lite-on).

I think that the problem has arisen because alcohol has altered its default safedisc 2 settings from the original trial versions where bypass efm error was not set by default to the current releases where it is checked (which reminds me that I ought to update my instructions for using alcohol in the safedisc sticky on the burning software forum as those instructions were based on the original trial versions).

Philamber you wrote: "So far as alcohol is concerned, there have been some reports of failures with 2 sheep writers but as far as I can ascertain these all involve cases where the user has had “Bypass EFM Error” checked (which should never be done with a 2 sheep burner and especially not with a Lite-on). "
I did a copy of Fifa 2003 (sd2.8) with the settings of alcohol (bypass efm checked) and the copy worked fine. I did a copy using a liteon 40125S and a plextor S88T with both recorders and alcohol (same settings), the copy worked fine. I also did a copy with CD-Mate (lastest update) following their settings for sd2 (used the LT 40125S) and again success. Do you think with Liteon Bypass EFM error option should be unckecked?:confused:

Originally posted by alwaysilva
Do you think with Liteon Bypass EFM error option should be unckecked?:confused:

Yes. Not all Lite-ons produce coasters with bypass efm errors (alcohol) or AWS (clonecd) or their equivalents in other programs checked.

For example, with my 2 sheep 24102b, it makes no difference whether or not these options are checked. However, with any of FutureProof’s 3 Liteys, he’ll get a coaster every time if they are and his experience is more common than yours or mine.

The point is that even if bypass efm errors/AWS has no effect, it isn’t necessary with a 2 sheep writer and so should not be checked. It will not assist a 2 sheep writer to make a working back-up and may well prevent it from doing so.

So far as cd-mate is concerned, it too is hit or miss with sd 2.8 but, to be fair, most (though not all) cd-mate users have succeeded. Of the programs in the maybe category, based on the various reports in this and other forums, it is probably the most likely to succeeed.

However, its success rate doesn’t approach any of discdump/fireburner, discjuggler and alcohol when correctly used with a suitable writer (there are virtually no reports of failures with the first 2 options save where a user has been unable to get discdump to run at all on their system).

Originally posted by philamber

You probably don’t have a functioning adaptec aspi layer which is required for discdump to work.

After installing ASPI 4.71 (newest one), disc dump will no longer see my drives. Others have suggestedusing 4.70 while someone else has suggested 4.6 from . . .“forceaspi”. . .whatever that is. I can’t find a 4.6 download, nor can I find “forceaspi”.

help would be outstanding! :bow:

Others have suggested

force aspi here…http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm

A direct download link from my website:

forceaspi 4.6 is here. It works fine for me and many others.

Thanks philamber, ww1912, and CJS. I used force aspi 4.6 and DDump/fireburner works great now. I just copied MOHAA successfully! This is fun. . .but now that I’ve copied NBA Live 2003, MOHAA, FIFA 2003, and Age of Mythology, I’m starting to feel a little guilty. . . :(. . . oh well, i’ll get over it!:bigsmile:

Guilty? What does that mean? LOL :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

ive managed to copy Spearhead with Blindwrite successfully, but haven’t attempted it with CloneCD.

Is Spearhead protected with Safedisc 2.8?