Fifa 2004 demo error message

when i first installed the demo the players were all transparent but everything else worked fine so i updated my graphics drivers and now whenever i try and play the demo i just get the error message you see below

my computer is this:

AMD Athlon™ XP 1700+
512.0MB RAM
Direct X 9.0b
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 100/200

I think your graphics card hasn’t got enough memory on board. 32mb , isn’t it ?

that cannot be it as it was running fine before i updated the drivers

Could it perhaps be that the game absolutely needs certain DX8 (or perhaps even 9) features, while this is only a DX7 card? I don’t know how for software emulation can go, but I can imagine this to be a slight problem…

i just tested my direct x 3D acceleration and got these errors as test results

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

Originally posted by curswine
that cannot be it as it was running fine before i updated the drivers

No it didn’t

the players were all transparent but everything else worked fine

This is usually texture mapping problem. There is not enough memory to texture the players.

no what i meant by that was every other aspect of the game was running fine such as stadium rendering

this is what happened to the players:

Ok, i give up , you win.

ok thanks for for helping

at least you tried

i know that its definalty something wrong with the directX direct 3D acceleration