Fifa 2003

Hello,

I am using a Teac524e CDRW and and Asus DVD. I cloned a copy of FIFA 2003 on my system. The copy installs and plays fine on my laptop and my desktop but will not play in my desktop. Why will it not work in my desk top? I get a error everytime that the Fifa2003.exe has generated errors and will be shutdown by Windows. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Are you playing from the burner? You will need to check Hide CD-R media in the Tray Icon if you do so. If you are playing from the DVD then I suspect that the backup is not perfect. What are you using in the laptop?

Thanks for the response. No I am playing from the DVD CDRW on my desktop. If the cloned copy had not worked perfectly in the laptop I would have pitched it and made another. The Dell laptop has one of those DVD CDROMS. I made another copy and did not use AWS and same results. Maybe I should try again. I managed to make a cloned copy of Age of Mythology with no problems. Any suggestions or suggestions for what settings to use if I make another?

Originally posted by makankhan
No I am playing from the DVD CDRW on my desktop.
That’s the problem! You have to enable “Hide CD-R Media” when playing from a burner (of any sort ;))

I wrote CDRW when I meant CDROM. When I play on the desktop I am not playing on my burner…

Again, not trying to play in a burner. I am in the US so I can not use the hide CD media feature anyway. Why will the cloned copy work in one compter but not another? I just cloned a copy of Age of Mythology that plays in all my computers and AOM uses Safedisc too.

Teac Cd-W 524E isn’t able to clone SafeDisc latest versions.
This means you used AWS for your copy.
So you didn’t make a perfect 1:1 copy,yours doesn’t run with every reader…that’s why works only on one machine,that depends on the reader you use.

Bye

Originally posted by makankhan
Again, not trying to play in a burner. I am in the US so I can not use the hide CD media feature anyway. Why will the cloned copy work in one compter but not another? I just cloned a copy of Age of Mythology that plays in all my computers and AOM uses Safedisc too.

I’m in the US as well and I have that"Hide CDR media" option now since I’ve downloaded and upgraded to the 4.1.0.0 version from Elby. I also thought that wasn’t supposed to happen. I have mine unchecked.