Fifa 2003 failure with Alcohol

I can’t seem to copy Fifa 2003 disc 2 with alcohol 120%, used safedisc 2 setting, read at max speed, burned at 12x, what am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Liteon LTR-40125W@48x and latest version of alcohol. I can’t the error: “Cannot locate CD ROM”

I have been able to Clone Fifa 2003 (Ita version,SafeDisc 2.80.10) using Cd Mate,no luck with Clone Cd,I didn’t try with alcohol,but a friend of mine with an Lg 16x (Safe ok) hasn’t been able to.

Did you read with the LiteOn?Haven’t you got another reader?

Bye

I read with the Liteon, my CDROM is an LG piece of junk.

Try out another sofwtare as Cd Mate.
I think latest Blinsuite is able to clone 2.80.10 too.

Try it out and post your experience.

Bye

Originally posted by jmazzamj
I think latest Blinsuite is able to clone 2.80.10 too.

Not So, check out philamber’s post

Well, I cloned Fifa2003 CD2 with newest Alcohol software.
I used my LiteOn 52246S as reader and writer, no problems…

Safedisc 2 cd’s must be readed at 4x…:wink: :wink: :wink:

XpProf

They must not.
Generally,when I make image,I use to read them at 4x,but if i’m in a hurry I read them at max speed creating workin back-ups…

For example Gordon always reads his images at full speed,but for Fifa 2003 he made an exeption:read a 8x.

Bye

Originally posted by XpProf
[B]Safedisc 2 cd’s must be readed at 4x…:wink: :wink: :wink:

XpProf [/B]
Read speed for SD is not an issue.

Well, I am the CCDKing, not the alcoholking, however that may change on my 18th b’day.:bigsmile: Am I supposed to use Safedisc 2 write settings with Alcohol because I have some feeling that it is amplifying weak sectors, which shouldn’t be done by a liteon or Coasters will occur, any input?

It does not amplify,just don’t select EFM when writing.
With a LiteOn,even if you amplify weak sectors,you won’t get a coaster,CCDKing.

Bye

Originally posted by jmazzamj
With a LiteOn,even if you amplify weak sectors,you won’t get a coaster

Actually, most people do get coasters if they use AWS with Liteys. As it happens, I don’t and apparently you don’t. However, for example, FutureProof will get a coaster if he uses AWS with any of his Liteys.

So the answer for you, CCDking, is: you have to disable bypass EFM error in order to have a working backup with your litey!

I never used AWS with ,y LiteOn and I didn’t know about this,sorry.
I read on cdrinfo and those guys don’t get coasters when using AWS.

Bye

Originally posted by CCDKing
I can’t seem to copy Fifa 2003 disc 2 with alcohol 120%, used safedisc 2 setting, read at max speed, burned at 12x, what am I doing wrong?
Maybe a setting? Has DMA fallen over? There are reports of it working for SD2.8x so I’m confident you can do it. Tried changing media type?

You might also try installing and running the game from your LG “piece of junk” cdrom. (The game is hotwired to only run from the drive from which it was installed, unless you hack the registry to alter the install path.)

Alrighty I’m a bit confused about 2 options in Alcohol, these being Bypass EFM error and Rectify Sub-channel Data. I have a Lite-on 48125W. I was under the impression that for lite-on drives under Alcohol, Bypass EFM Error is ticked (so that it does not amplify weak sectors) and Rectify Sub-channel Data is unticked (so that it does not regenerate sub channel data)?

Weshy.

Nope. Bypass efm error is alcohol’s equivalent of clonecd’s AWS. If you’re using a Litey, leave it unchecked.

Rectify sub-channel data, if checked, will result in a dao16 write rather than a dao96 write that would be used if unchecked (it shouldn’t make any difference either way for safedisc protected cds).

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.:slight_smile: Well I made a successful backup of The Thing (Securom v4.77) with Bypass EFM encoding enabled in Alcohol. I suppose I was lucky!:o Next time I’ll leave it off.

Weshy.