Fifa 2002

vbimport

G'Day.

Looks like I am going out to buy F1 2002 by EA.;
Just wondering if anyone has it yet and what protection is on it.

Bets are SD, but EA have been known to use Securom.

Actually whilst on the topic what bets are there for the copy protection for then next two great games of UT 2003 and Doom3.

Ha Ha maybe Tages given that it cant be copied (at least not on a major scale)(looks like my last post in that Tages post got people going at each other).

Yeah, I’ve got this game and it’s giving me grief. It’s SafeDisc for sure but FES was activated twice (automatically), should be once only. I have a RAW image that works in D-Tools without emu but I get the “insert CD-ROM” error when I play from the backup. I’ve followed all of my own tips but before I start churning out some real numbers of test coasters, I’ve got some more checking to do.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Yeah, I’ve got this game and it’s giving me grief. It’s SafeDisc for sure but FES was activated twice (automatically), should be once only.

Very odd. Does the cd have a separate audio track so that FES activates when it hits the gap between tracks?

Also, have you tried making the image with discdump (so you can check the log file to see if a further group of errors appear after the normal first 10,000 or so sectors) and burning that image? Should work (but then again so should clone).

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
Very odd. Does the cd have a separate audio track so that FES activates when it hits the gap between tracks?

Also, have you tried making the image with discdump (so you can check the log file to see if a further group of errors appear after the normal first 10,000 or so sectors) and burning that image? Should work (but then again so should clone). [/B]
Thanks m8, I’ll start looking in mage et al. Got 2.51.021 and CRD check of e80b7d88.

FutureProof, is this the world cup version of fifa 2002 (looks like it from the track name shown by cdmage)? If so, I didn’t have any problem making a back-up but I didn’t use clone.
I think I backed up that one by making an image with blindread (bin/cue format) and burned the image with fireburner (dao16).
If it is the world cup version, I’ll try making a further copy with clone and let you know the result.

Just checked my discdump log files and, in fact, I must have used discdump/fireburner for this one since I’ve got a log file for it. The log file indicates bad sectors starting at sector 811 and ending at sector 10,156 (typical of a safedisc 2 cd). There weren’t any further bad sectors, so, if this is the version giving you grief, it doesn’t make sense that FES kicked in a second time:confused: .