Originally posted by chuie
[B]So does anyone have step by step instructions on how I can flash my 451@811 now back to 451?
First, just to make sure that you don't make the same mistake again... you're 100% sure that you currently have a 451@811 (as opposed to a 411@811 or 451@851)?
I think the Zebra mod that you used modified your drive's EEPROM. I haven't actually used it, but that's what I gather... so...
Part 1: Restoring EEPROM (assuming that it was changed by the Zebra mod, which I am 90% is the case)
1) Get LtnFlash (see the stick LtnFlash thread for the usage guide, important warnings, and where to download it from)
2) Use it to load a backup of the EEPROM that you made prior to the mod. If you didn't make a backup prior to the mod, then... well, I guess you're kinda outta luck... (you may be able to poke around the forum to see if there are any suggestions on how to undo the mod's EEPROM changes...)
Part 2: The firmware (after the EEPROM has been restored)
1) Since you're going for the 851, let's just skip the 451. Download the official GS0F firmware from LiteOn. Unzip it and make sure the EXE file is not read-only.
2) Download the LDW851FP tool. One slow download place that I know of is this . You may be able to find a faster download location by searching this forum.
3) Use LDW851FP to patch the official 851S firmware you just downloaded.
4) Run the patched firmware, reboot, and congrats, you're the proud owner of a new 451@851.