Feurio related question

vbimport

There's something i don't understand about feurio.

I let it test my drive to see if it needs the jitter correction option enabled.The result was that my drive doesn't create jitter errors so the related setting can be set off.

Does this mean that i can rip wav files at the highest speed? If yes , then what's the point in using feurio? I can use any other program that rips in high speed without asking questions.

before you start the tests you can set the read speed.

the results of the test are for that speed. So perhpas you should do the test at max speed and perhaps also at 4x or so.

Of course you can use other programs, but Feurio can do lots more then just rip.

(an other good program is EAC)

All modern drives have no problem with jitter. Some years ago this test was very useful.

I don’t understand what is the relation between jitter and be able to rip at maximum speed.
You can read full speed with jitter correction enabled (it would be a little slower because this correction consists in reading the last sectors of the previous reading command again to check that the wave doesn’t lose the stream).

To extract you can use the program you want, but only Feurio and EAC can read C2 errors (if the drive has this feature and works correctly).
Program Parameters -> Special Parameters -> c2-error message and check only “Report C2-errors”.

With that working, you have the security that if there is no C2-error the ripping has been exact.
If there are C2-errors the wave could be exact, because there some kind of C2 errors that are correctable by hardware, but you can’t be sure.

And C2 errors are also a good measure of the health of the CD…

The big advantage of Feurio is the integration of all the work.
The system of projects of Feurio is much more comfortable for me than the Nero’s system. You don’t have to open the projects again once you close the program because you have the list of projects already there.
The CD-Player and wave player are very helpful, unlike Nero’s.
The errors in MP3s are showed also.
The track editor is easily faster.
And no annoying bug…

Thanks for your answers , but my point was that errors are depended a lot in the quality of the CD-R.

Will there be a big difference if i use CDEX or Audiograbber instead of feurio or eak?

When you read with eac/Feurio, they will till of the source is bad or not, and if the errors are correctable

Yes, errors are very dependant in the quality of CD and mostly its condition (if it’s scratched, has fingerprints…).

Any new CDR should be read with no C2 errors, unless the reader is picky/not very good, or the CDR was burned too fast.

Again, all this has nothing to do with jitter correction.

Will there be a big difference if i use CDEX or Audiograbber instead of feurio or eak?

No, quality should be the same unless the CD is in bad condition, like I said.
If the CD is scratched EAC usually works better (depends on reader) than anything if it’s configured properlly.

But CDEX and Audiograbber have no advantage over Feurio. The only advantage is they are faster than EAC.

If you’re newbie it seems a good idea to learn how WAV to CD-Audio transition works, but once you know that, the integration, options, speed, comfort, and quality of Feurio seems a better solution.

Thanks again , i’m not a newbie in CD - ripping , i was just a little confused after i read some EAK vs Feurio posts :slight_smile:
Now i got it all clear.