Feurio and Asus CRW-5224

I’m having trouble getting Feurio to burn CD’s using my Asus CRW-5224A: the first two tracks or so usually come out OK, but after that all the other tracks get lumped into one long track. I’m using the generic ASPI driver, since that seemed to be the best option according to Feurio’s help file.

BTW, this drive works great in EVERY other program I’ve used:

Alcohol 120%
Nero
Clone CD
Misc others…

Any suggestions on setting this up so it works in Feurio?

Thank you! :bow:

You can only try the other generic drivers.
Maybe the Generic MMC works well…
Asus aren’t usually supported by Feurio, but Teac 52x is probably almost the same drive… so you could ask Feurio support what driver could work…

Originally posted by Scrambles

I’m having trouble getting Feurio to burn CD’s using my Asus CRW-5224A
Obviously, you are. The reason’s very simple > your drive is not among the [COLOR=indigo]supported by Feurio!

Therefore, you should :

a. contact Feurio! support, as minix said

b. goto : Feurio! CD Writer > Writer settings tab > Info > Driver tab > Select driver

If Generic MMC-driver doesn’t work for you, you othrewise can choose e.g. Generic SCSI-3/ ATAPI-driver
(Generic driver for all writers, which uses commandes according to the scsi-3 multimedia commandset
(also many ATAPI IDE-writers can be used with this driver). )

Try this out and see if it works. Please report here afterwards ![/COLOR]

If Feurio does not support the writer, then it means that the developers don’t possess it. And this is what they tell you if you contact them :wink:

If the tracks get lumped into one, then the drive probably doesn’t understand the cue sheet which Feurio sends.

The Generic MMC RAW drivers are then also worth a try (there won’t be a cue sheet when using these drivers). But don’t be upset if it doesn’t work. I don’t even know if Feurio does RAW-writing correctly.

As soon as Asus sends such a drive to the Feurio developers, they will fix the problem

Originally posted by alexnoe

As soon as Asus sends such a drive to the Feurio developers, they will fix the problem
That’s true. But it looks like ASUS is one of the few, who don’t seem to care much about it. :Z

Thank you all for your help!

The SCSI-3/ATAPI driver definitely does NOT work.

Looks like maybe the generic MMC driver works, I’ll have to do further testing to verify that: I’ll post again later.

I’ll contact Feurio and ASUS as well.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

to scrambles
hi
did you sort out the problem with feurio
i wonder if anybody have a driver fot the asus cdr/w

Originally posted by mars1

to scrambles
hi
did you sort out the problem with feurio
i wonder if anybody have a driver for the asus cdr/w
mars1,

I think your chances to get scrambles’ reply equal to 0, 'coz IMO he no longer cares of this obsolete thread.

You’d rather contact Feurio directly, yet I doubt if this gives you anything - the drive is not yet supported there.
So, nothing’s changed since the thread’s start.

Hey Mars1,

Obviously BoSkin doesn’t know me very well.

I’ve been using the Generic MMC driver with consistent success.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Scrambles

Obviously BoSkin doesn’t know me very well.

In fact, we don’t know each other @all :bigsmile: