Feurio 1.68

vbimport

Just put in a Samsung SH-S202J(TS-H652J) burner.
Feurio 1.68 doesn’t “know” that one.

Which of the burner drivers (of the ones that Feurio does have) should I choose?

Which blank CD-R or CD-RW disc will work with that burner?

Thanks a lot.

Sheldon

ASUS P5A, Windows 98SE

Hi and Welcome![quote=sheldonisaac;2061199]Just put in a Samsung SH-S202J(TS-H652J) burner.
Feurio 1.68 doesn’t “know” that one.

Which of the burner drivers (of the ones that Feurio does have) should I choose?[/quote]Try the MMC drivers. One of these should work.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2061207]Hi and Welcome!Try the MMC drivers. One of these should work.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, Michael.

I did that, and burned a TY disc (I think from a spindle purchased about 6 or 7 years ago) at 8X [Feurio said there were errors in the simulaton at 16x]

(Furthermore, Feurio said the drive refused to set to 16x, instead reporting 49X [which of course the 1x-24x blankdisc cannot do]. But then it proceeded to burn it ?]

Also a Verbatim DataLifePlus blank, also several years old, burned at 16x. In this case, I thinkI used the MMC 2 (RAW something-or-other).
However, I was able to set to 16X without a protest.

This is all quite mystifying to me.

If anyone can please tell me the best way to get reliable burns, I will be most grateful.

By the way, I have not yet tried to burn a DVD - didn’t think to buy any.
Can someone recommend a freeware DVD burning software?
Are DVDs burned as “data”, rather than as on CD-R with Feurio?

Now that you’ve installed/updated your drivers,
Unistall/reinsall your burning prog.
Upon reinstallations, mods will (hopefully) be detected…

Hi,[quote=sheldonisaac;2061262]
I did that, and burned a TY disc (I think from a spindle purchased about 6 or 7 years ago) at 8X [Feurio said there were errors in the simulaton at 16x]

(Furthermore, Feurio said the drive refused to set to 16x, instead reporting 49X [which of course the 1x-24x blankdisc cannot do]. But then it proceeded to burn it ?]

Also a Verbatim DataLifePlus blank, also several years old, burned at 16x. In this case, I thinkI used the MMC 2 (RAW something-or-other).
However, I was able to set to 16X without a protest.

This is all quite mystifying to me.[/quote]Getting Feurio working with modern drives is a hard job.
If you like it simple, try Burrrn.

By the way, I have not yet tried to burn a DVD - didn’t think to buy any.
Can someone recommend a freeware DVD burning software?
Are DVDs burned as “data”, rather than as on CD-R with Feurio?
DVD is data, indeed. Most recommended freeware CD/DVD burning application is Imgburn.

Michael

While Feurio was worthwhile in the past, it is pretty much obselete for today’s optical drives.

The Lite-On IDE drive in my signature is the only drive listed as a burner in Feurio, with no options to select drivers for the other drives.