Fentgao dvd region free gone forever?

vbimport

Hi, I bought dvd region+css free from you and it has not been updated since last October, I also bought Dvdfab platinum and I was Just wondering what the future holds for Dvd Region free and dvdidle pro or have you decided to do away with this product line??

If you do I can understand why the new Dvdfab platinum is one of a kind very nice work!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Actually latest REAL update was August. The October version just extended the trial period.

Yes, really "what the future holds for DVD Region free and dvdidle pro or have you decided to do away with this product line?”. The product must be periodically upgraded to deal with the latest Video protection otherwise, the program become useless and the customers lose fait on the company that produce it.

That is correct but unfortunately it does not bother them too much.

If you would have looked back through the pages you would have seen that there were many many post about this subject even from Fentgao himself so why keep starting new threads instead of doing a little searching yourself on this subject as it would save the people who answer this a lot of time (re going back and searching for the threads) and it’s the same answer. Not trying to be rude or smart here just trying to put the effort of searching back on the requestor is all

Thanks Jimbo,

Not sure who you refer to by running the search.

In my case I remember by heart almost all the answers regarding this and similar threads. I cannot find when Fengtao specifically answered that customers who purchased the already mentioned (now obsolete) programs could/should/would have a possibility to update/upgrade to DVDFab. All I recall are credibly (but for how long?) excuses that he had legal problems with the former products, that the bad guys are hunting him down and that some hacker destroyed the older forum. That’s fine, perfectly understandable. But again, how long it’d take for him to decide? Or did he already decide he will give up the older products/customers? In that case, I guess it would be professional to announce it in plain English and people would probably stop asking the same thing time after time allowing the forum to save some electrons that are better used to answer real tech questions.

Not wanting to be rude nor look smart-a as you said.

Kind regards.

PD: Before someone posts that question. Yes, I asked the old DVD Idle website through e-mails and never got a response.

Your statement must tell some thing which is pure fact. If the program not being constantly updated to coupe with new protection technology then there is no use for it. I am wondering what exactly was the last time this program was updated?

Tattenbach: I agree with your statement 100%
I guess it would be professional to announce it in plain English and people would probably stop asking the same thing time after time allowing the forum to save some electrons that are better used to answer real tech questions.

^5

I also recently added to the growing number of people asking the questions about DVD Region+CSS Free, and I think that it’s entirely justified to keep posting questions about the program’s future.

If not just for those of us who purchased it with the guarantee of [I]FREE lifetime upgrades[/I], but for those that are still considering buying it.

After all, if it is now an orphan program with no future, I think it’s reasonable to question why it is still being offered for sale to unsuspecting customers with the above promise of lifetime upgrades…

Read the website. The product is not being sold and has not been for some time. But I agree that all present users deserve some sort of explanation and upgrade offer.

I always thought it was for the lifetime of the product. Get real… If a 20 year old purchased the product you really don’t expect it to be updated for the next 60 or 70 years do you?

Good point Ron :clap:

I always thought it was for the lifetime of the product

The lifetime of the product may be over. I have no idea. But like it has been said, if the program no longer exists, how can you expect updates. This is just my opinion, the program may very well get an update tommorrow, who knows.:doh:

Yes, but remember the technology of protection changes quite often, therefore the program dealing with removal should update to meet the challenges. So now, you might argue whether the updates should be available free to previous customers or not that is different question.

Actually, what the web site currently says is: To purchase DVD Region+CSS Free, DVD Region+CSS Free Lite and DVDIdle Pro, DVDIdle, the online store will be back as soon as possible. For now, you can use the trial version for 90 days. Please check this web page later.

I agree - I think that most of us bought the program thinking that the updates would continue, alongside the development of DVD Fab. There have been comments that the code required to update DVD Region+CSS Free is included in DVD Fab. However, if the code for the updates to DVD Region+CSS Free are included in the current code for DVD Fab and associated software, then I am at a loss as to why the DVD Region+CSS Free isn’t being updated.

If there is a real threat of legal action as mentioned previously in other threads, then why isn’t the same threat of sanction applicable for the newer programs like DVD Fab?

More to the point, why is there no official comment from Fengtao about this issue?

I know what it currently says, I read it before posting, and as I said it is not for sale to “…unsuspecting customers…” or anyone else. Could you buy it? No. Rather than ascribe sinister motives to the developers, a better question might be why the web site is still up promoting the product if they don’t plan to update it. Maybe they do.

Or maybe they just can’t find the right way to kill it off. It could be difficult if they are selling the newer programs with the same promise of lifetime upgrades… Otherwise, I don’t understand the complete lack of comment from the developers for several months now!

No argument there.

a) None is expecting updates after 70 years nor I expect that I would use a computer by then.
Regarding the DVDIDle products: I bought two of those about 3 years ago.

b) I recall saying a number of times that I do not expect the same program to be free forever because that costs some money and the original price was not that high. I think I mentioned that before. If not, apologies.
Additionally, I have also proposed an upgrade ($) to the latest products.

c) If the product is completely discontinued, if there will be no more free updates, if there are no possibilities of upgrading to the latest products, if etc, etc . . . it does not take that much to say it. Does it? Even if they do not know how to kill them, plain truth is better than just ignore your ex-customers. At least I appreciate that more.