Fengtao question!

vbimport

Fengtao,

I love the program DVDfab! Some of us have donwloaded the new version of DVFab 3.9.6 and it seems we are experiencing the same thing when using the Split Process.
I was burning Blood Diamonds using the Splot Process since it was 2:35, too long to fit in a single dvd. This version of DVDFab took 2:35 minutes to read and decrypt the movie into the temp file. Also there has been two other users that have had the same problem using the Split File but for another movie.
Before i could do a split in like 20 minutes, now it takes for ever!
Can you please advice us if this is a problem with that version or is it the specific movies?

Thanking you in advance

Hi,

The slow split problem will be fixed in next release.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi,

Please try 3.0.9.8 to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=214756

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Why was Blood Diamond to big to fit on a DVD-9 (or DVD-5 for that matter)? I also have backed this DVD up, without issue, on a DVD-5.

Fentgao,

I will try the new version this week with another movie that I would have to split and let you know.
Thanks for the input

Blood Diamonds backed up perfectly for me also on a single layer DVD. ~ Mike

Fengtao,

The fix worked the split is working properly now! Thanks for fixing the split process :o)

Astone2665,

The movie is compied perfectly its just that the split process took the same amount of time as the length of the movie(Blood Diamond).
There was a problem if not Fengtao would not have said it will be fixed in the new version which already came out

Very good my friend. I’m glad he fixed your problem. Now that’s response time isn’t it! Good luck with future burns f18. ~ Mike

Mike(astone2665),

Have you burned a 2 hour and 25 minute movie into one DVD5 and does it come with good image and sound quality?
Yeah Fengtao is really good with the response time and his product is the BEST! I have used DVD Shrink and DVD Clone and they cant decode sony movies, they do not have that many updates and there is alomost no customer service support as you got here.

Fernando

If you use DVDRB it’ll give you a pretty good DVD-5 backup…but I’d save to DL myself… JMO!!!

I have burned movies over 3 hours long to a single layer dvd using DVD Fab platinum. Excellent sound and quality! :iagree:

What is DVDRB and DL?

You have gotten good video & sound quality even though DVDFab says the quality percentage is 60%

Yes F18. Picture and sound are very good. 2 movies that come to mind are King Kong and Titanic. Both over 3 hours. Playback is on 57" tv. :clap:

Rogman49,

Thank you very much for input and advice! :o)

Hi f18, I’ve burned at 58% and gotten great quality. I have a 35 inch tv and for me it’s the bomb, no lie. I also have burned 180 min. movie’s with great clarity. I can’t see spending all the extra money for dual layer. ~ Mike

Yes, try DVDFab> DVDRB> IMGBurn
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVD_Rebuilder

Rebuilder takes a long time especially if you have a dual core processor, its runs two instances of the HC encoder or the CCE encoder. Unless you have a TV over 100" use FAB its the best. Even with a TV over 100" it is still the best LOL.

The 180 min. movie I backed up was The Nativity. Also Pope John Paul. Wait, it was John Paul that was 3 hrs. But Nativity was also very long too. So good luck with your choice. You’ve gotten alot of varying viewpoints here. But as I’ve said, I’d still stick with Fab. :iagree: ~ Mike

alan 1476 wrote " Rebuilder takes a long time especially if you have a dual core processor, its runs two instances of the HC encoder or the CCE encoder. Unless you have a TV over 100" use FAB its the best. Even with a TV over 100" it is still the best LOL.

I don’t know about best , just how I do it with FAB> DVDRB> IMG = very good quality backup… IMO…