Fengtao, How do I remove your Fab5000 download?

vbimport

I cleaned every related program, file , registry, everything concerning DVDFab5000 but it will not remove from my computer.
It even is on my “D” Drive which I never download anything on. I only use my “C” drive to download. How did that happen?
But I want it off so I can try to download it again thinking I got a bad download the first time because it doesnt work as is.
If I go to download after the clean my computer says it’s already downloaded. It cant be but it is.
How do I get it off?
I need your help in removing the download or Reg value that is keeping me from getting rid of 5000 and trying to download again.
Thanks,
Jonn
For more info in detail see this thread…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfabdecrypter-hangs-install-click-open-243697/#post2045348

a combination of system restore to before you donwloaded +deleting the program directories should do it

System restore like in XP is not in 98se however…

Windows 98 takes periodic snapshots of your system configuration and saves them in a part of the Operating System that can be accessed from the Command Line.

If U want to RESTORE your system:

Start system and keep the Ctrl key held down until the window is gray/white (safe mode) and U see a menu including Normal (1), Safe (3), and Command Line Prompt (5). Choose Command Line Prompt by hitting the 5 key on keyboard.

At the C:\ type in: scanreg /restore and press Enter

The computer should present a list of dates.

Choose the most recent date before U had problems and hit Restore. From there everything should work fine. Otherwise, be prepared to bring computer in for service.

DId the restore thing from 10 days ago and it’s still there. So there is a corrupt download on my computer that is hid very well. Went to download it again and pop-up (Mozilla) says already downloaded.
I wonder if anyone has deleted the program (5000beta) and the download and tried to re-download it.
It’s still on my computer or it would not instantly complete download.
I think this is something the program creator should address.
Again, I cleaned everything and deleted the download file. When I go to re-download the pop-up says download complete and adds the setup file back to my D/L folder in about a second…meaning the file is still on the computer.
Maybe the next update will override this file (5000b) and install over it. I dont care for this all in one. Thats where you can run into problems.
And How the He** did it get on my “D” Drive? I have never downloaded anything to my “D” Drive but yet, there it is. Someone explain that! Bet it cant be done.
I guess thats why they are called beta’s.
Jonn

The next version will install over the top of the existing one, but I doubt your problem has anything to do with that. Noone here has experienced this but that does not mean you are wrong. Only time will tell. Yes betas are test versions and should not be tried unless you are willing to encounter a bug or two. No program can evolve from one physical drive to another unless you put it there.

Not sure how Mozilla works but you can get this behaviour in IE if the files you’re downloading are still in the cache (Temporary Internet Files).[quote=Jonn;2045788]DId the restore thing from 10 days ago and it’s still there. So there is a corrupt download on my computer that is hid very well. Went to download it again and pop-up (Mozilla) says already downloaded.
I wonder if anyone has deleted the program (5000beta) and the download and tried to re-download it.
It’s still on my computer or it would not instantly complete download.
I think this is something the program creator should address.
Again, I cleaned everything and deleted the download file. When I go to re-download the pop-up says download complete and adds the setup file back to my D/L folder in about a second…meaning the file is still on the computer.
Maybe the next update will override this file (5000b) and install over it. I dont care for this all in one. Thats where you can run into problems.
And How the He** did it get on my “D” Drive? I have never downloaded anything to my “D” Drive but yet, there it is. Someone explain that! Bet it cant be done.
Jonn[/quote]

Uninstall and run a registry cleaner. CCleaner is free and quite good. Registry Mechanic is not free, but is also good.

Regards

[QUOTE=signals;2045803]Not sure how Mozilla works but you can get this behaviour in IE if the files you’re downloading are still in the cache (Temporary Internet Files).[/QUOTE]

I suggest that the OP delete all of the Temporary Internet Files and also
to check in C:/ Windows Temp files to make sure it isn’t in there too. :wink:

IS wn98 a supported OS for this program ??

Anyway, the brute force method is to search all drives for all files created / modified on the exact day that you first downloaded, including hidden files.

Win98 shoud have that facility.

then delete anything that looks to be dvdfab related

search the registry also, or get a registry cleaner as others have suggested.

Back when I used win98 I used to use a program called clean sweep that could track and reverse all changes made during a program install. Invaluable for thoroughly removing game demos & other junk.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2045791] No program can evolve from one physical drive to another unless you put it there.[/QUOTE]
alan… I would have agreed with you until I tried to download it to my "D"drive and it was already there. In other words the pop-up stating “Download Complete” popped up as soon as I clicked download meaning it was already downloaded there or installed there somewhere, maybe the registry. But it is indeed on both my “C” and “D” drives and I didnt put it there. I am not an expert but I know that I didnt download it to the "D"drive but it would not D/L there because it was already there. That much I do know. For sure.

In my first post I stated that I had uninstalled everything including the program, cleaned the registry, deleted all and any file related to Fab5000 everywhere on the computer. That included all the suggestions such as the temp, temp internet files, AppData folder. Everywhere.
When finished in the registry I did a find and nothing was there under that name. I have cleaned it all but it has corrupted something and i can only hope that an update can fix it as the 5000 will not work or cause illegal ops and close the program.
I went back to vs. 4102 and all is well. It works perfect. So something with the 5000 caused an incompatibility . But it is very well hidden or under a different name. Since it is on both drives and I never download to the D drive I suspect something under a different name has been hidded in the registry. That’s the only way I can think of that it would be on both drives or state that it is on both drives.
After I delete everything I can download it and in less than a second the set-up .exe file is in my DVDFab folder . It is 6.75 mb’s and I am on dial-up so it is not downloading that size file in a second.

I thank those that offered any help with this but there are probably only a handful of people that know what it going on and he/they are not going to give me the support I need for their prroduct.
Regards,
Jonn

[QUOTE=Jonn;2046525]
After I delete everything I can download it and in less than a second the set-up .exe file is in my DVDFab folder . It is 6.75 mb’s and I am on dial-up so it is not downloading that size file in a second.

Jonn[/QUOTE]

so there has to be a corrupt version still in your browser cache - that’s the only way it can reappear so quickly.

the blame lies is with your OS/browsers, not with DVDfab.

wipe all mozilla & IE temp internet files - if that doesn’t work give in gracefully and buy a proper OS, not an old unsupported one.

PS & to avoid being accused of cracked versions don’t say things that are open to misinterpretation like " then I downloaded it from a different source" . As several others have said there is ONLY ONE legit source.

[QUOTE=cybmole;2046544]so there has to be a corrupt version still in your browser cache - that’s the only way it can reappear so quickly.

the blame lies is with your OS/browsers, not with DVDfab.

wipe all mozilla & IE temp internet files - if that doesn’t work give in gracefully and buy a proper OS, not an old unsupported one.

PS & to avoid being accused of cracked versions don’t say things that are open to misinterpretation like " then I downloaded it from a different source" . As several others have said there is ONLY ONE legit source.[/QUOTE]
Man what are you, bipolar or something?
You start off with trying to offer helpful info and then go back into some kind of rant about my OS and other nonsense.
I do have a proper OS and will not pay Gates for another piece of crap. I’ll stick with 98SE. The OS being supported or not has nothing to do with this problem.
And you interpreted different source as a place for crack software? The [I]other source[/I] I was talking about was “MajorGeeks_com”. So you gave yourself away on that one. Dont blame others for your misinterpretations. You are the only one that keeps talking about crack web sites. There are lots of legit places to D/L Fab.
But as I have have asked you before, please dont respond to my threads when you only want to bash. I swear there’s a troll on ever forum…always got the best system and everybody else has old stuff that’s no good. Same thing on and on every post.

[QUOTE=Jonn;2047613]Man what are you, bipolar or something?
You start off with trying to offer helpful info and then go back into some kind of rant about my OS and other nonsense.
I do have a proper OS and will not pay Gates for another piece of crap. I’ll stick with 98SE. The OS being supported or not has nothing to do with this problem.
.[/QUOTE]

hey no problem - you obviously know best - of course fab v5 should run for you even if win98 is not on Fengtao’s list of supported O/s for V5.

(it may or may not be - there’s no published list for that specific release, but I do recall that some recent versions of v4 were NOT supported)

I’ll leave you to all the other folks who are queuing to solve your obsolete O/S mystery.

It’s clearly just concidence that no one with Xp or Vista has had any problems installing & removing the v5 beta :wink: