Feedback on pacific 750 dvd player?

I’ve had this player for about 2 yrs but only recently played dvd-r on it.

It doesn’t appear to like them - freezing/pausing etc.

Also, when I press the open/lose button it is tempermental whether it loads, opens or just whirrs at me!

ritek g4 ridata 4x film reel print and also datasafe ritek g4 4x dvd-rs recorded at 2x but please note that these play brilliantly on my son’s Ronin P807 (great player!)

Record them at 4x - brill on the Ronin but won’t even reaf on the Pacific,

Feedback from Pacific owners welcome please.

I was going to tell you to search here but it appears you’ve already been there :stuck_out_tongue:

A hint for you. Ritek G04’s do NOT like being burned at 2x. I know this may seem strange but they burn with much more errors when burned at 2x compared to 4x.
Find proof here.

I think my player is useless. My son’s Ronin P807 is excellent and I may buy another one.

My datasafe g4 riteks won’t run at 4x write speed on my player but the 2x do…

I now have some ridata g4 reel print dvd-r which run ok at 4x…

I have an nec nd2500a and there have been lots of horror stories on all the forums about supposed problems with ritek g4 and this writer. I don’t feel that this is the case with mine because of all the good writes I’ve had but I do think I need to change my player.

Don’t feel bad. You wouldn’t be the first person to have an older picky DVD player.

Even most new “el’ cheapo’s” that you can buy now play just about everything you throw at em’. :smiley:

You’ve already found that great DVD compatibility page so just take a look into the new player before you get it.

:iagree:

Originally posted by number9
[B]I’ve had this player for about 2 yrs but only recently played dvd-r on it.

It doesn’t appear to like them - freezing/pausing etc.

Also, when I press the open/lose button it is tempermental whether it loads, opens or just whirrs at me!

ritek g4 ridata 4x film reel print and also datasafe ritek g4 4x dvd-rs recorded at 2x but please note that these play brilliantly on my son’s Ronin P807 (great player!)

Record them at 4x - brill on the Ronin but won’t even reaf on the Pacific,

Feedback from Pacific owners welcome please. [/B]

Get your self the latest pacific from any Asda store near you it will play any thing you put into it no matter what media or burn speed and only £42.00 what a bargain :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: by the way i have two a stand alone and dvd combi both as good as each other