I had access to the download earlier and have already installed the program.
DVD decryption was very slow…that was the first thing I noticed. And this was on a disc that had nothing but CSS. And of course, it can’t decrypt blu ray.
Then I tried an xvid avi file conversion to dvd-video. This is a well known type of conversion and I can name half a dozen good choices in software for this. The conversion took quite a long time, much more than the running time of the avi file. I set the output to 4.35gb target size. The outcome was a 4.09gb file that was a complete mess. It played random scenes, flashing on the screen for about 20 seconds and then stopped.
It is the worst conversion I have attempted in the last few years, bar none.