Feds take laptop at border

vbimport

http://www.charter.net/news/read/category/Top%20News/article/ap-new_details_in_how_the_feds_take_laptops-ap

[QUOTE=marloyd;2699197]http://www.charter.net/news/read/category/Top%20News/article/ap-new_details_in_how_the_feds_take_laptops-ap[/QUOTE]

So this brings up another nagging question?

“What good is the Consitution and Bill of Rights” for anyway then…just go martial law state…cause this seems the route were going now…

Stories like these is why I see Snowden as a hero. People had better wake up as to what is going on around them or life as they know it will be irreparably changed forever, if it hasn’t already reached that point. The US government could care less about our Constitutional freedoms. They have been crapping on them at will for the past several decades and it is getting far worse as each year passes. The government is so emboldened now that they no longer feel the need to hide what they are doing or fear any repercussions from the public. They think they can operate with impunity because most people have their heads buried in the sand and can’t be bothered with such mundane things.

Fortunately, Snowden and ‘Chelsea’ are helping the Russians now, who’ve always been such great historic leaders in human rights.

I think it is fine that they take laptop from you just not me.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2699303]Fortunately, Snowden and ‘Chelsea’ are helping the Russians now, who’ve always been such great historic leaders in human rights.[/QUOTE]

I can understand why Snowden went to Russia. There aren’t many countries that can protect him from the long arm of the US government. Plus, there are some third world countries that I would not want to be trapped in. Also, I would rather see him in Russia than China.

[QUOTE=samlar;2699310]I think it is fine that they take laptop from you just not me.[/QUOTE]

They will get around to you sooner or later. :wink:

It’s how the US government (no longer really by the people) doing what it pleases.
Like a dictatorship & not the republic it was designed to be.
Funny how the Constitution gets applied when convenient & ignored when it’s not.
The [B]un[/B]patriot act lets Homeland Security get by with almost anything.
If citizens get together to plan to stop this it becomes a conspiracy they can be imprisoned for. Instead of the revolution the Constitution is supposed to allow if the government gets out of control by [B]“We the People”[/B].
HS uses the “not through customs” loop hole to bypass the Constitution in a situation like this one . Saying the Constitution doesn’t apply because the person even a US citizen is outside the border.
I bet if a cruise ship at a port outside the border discriminated against one race we would see the Constitution applied “outside the border”.
So the US government is full of hypocrites .

I think the only cure at this point is a “New American Revolution” .
If that doesn’t happen “We the People” will continue to be under the boots of the government.