Fed cuts rates half-point to 1%

vbimport

http://alhambrainvestments.com/blog/2008/10/29/fomc-policy-statement-3/
Next step is free money. I doubt this will inspire banks to loan.

Another desperation move by the Federal Reserve to get this train back on the track…
The market liked it before they thought about it and then decided it wasn’t the solution…

Err … correct me if I’m wrong … but isn’t the interest rate supposed to go up, in order to curb unnecessary spending during recessions?

Lowering the index rate will just speed up the train prior to the big crash :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=debro;2149299]Err … correct me if I’m wrong … but isn’t the interest rate supposed to go up, in order to curb unnecessary spending during recessions?

Lowering the index rate will just speed up the train prior to the big crash :p[/QUOTE]

Yup, I believe you got it…
i want front row seats for the train wreck…

[QUOTE=debro;2149299]Err … correct me if I’m wrong … but isn’t the interest rate supposed to go up, in order to curb unnecessary spending during recessions?[/QUOTE]

The interest rates go up to slow the economy down and are reduced to heat it up. This rate cut doesn’t do much for the consumer it is just another freebie to the banks. Part of the reason we are in this mess is the Fed pushed interest rates to historic lows the past several years. We can thank Alan Greenspan for a lot of the current meltdown.

[QUOTE=UTR;2149310]The interest rates go up to slow the economy down and are reduced to heat it up. This rate cut doesn’t do much for the consumer it is just another freebie to the banks. Part of the reason we are in this mess is the Fed pushed interest rates to historic lows the past several years. We can thank Alan Greenspan for a lot of the current meltdown.[/QUOTE]

Alan and the Chicago School Of Economics…We’ll be just like Japan now…
They should just print up about a trillion and mail it out to everybody with a pulse…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2149304]i want front row seats for the train wreck…[/QUOTE]

Personally I consider train wrecks to be a spectator sport.
I’d rather not participate :iagree:

A picture that should sober you up…

[QUOTE=debro;2149317]…I’d rather not participate :iagree:[/QUOTE]
You may not have a choice…

GUY’S
PIPEMANID,DEBRO,UTR
Wait a minute. I understand why they did
the rate cuts,and you all have good points.
Instead of reacting on emotion just because you
hate one party is just wrong. Blame has to go
all the way around.
ZAP.:doh::doh:

PRESIDENT BUSH HAS TO TAKE SOME BLAME,
BUT ALSO THESE GUY’S

[QUOTE=zap em;2149325]…Instead of reacting on emotion just because you
hate one party is just wrong. Blame has to go
all the way around.
[/QUOTE]

Point out, without pictures, where anybody assigned blame to a particular party or got emotional…

PIPEMANID
I only put the pictures to show the other two
responsible for the legeslation[ which BUSH signed,so
he’s to blame to]. Which was the one that gave loans
to questionable buyers, which caused the financial mess.
Most experts,political pundits agree on this. As to why
I think you guys are a little emotional is because your
a democrat,and dem’s tend to react more on hate of the other
party because they don’t agree with your views of the world.
That’s why I try to look it independtly. So no offense intended.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zap em;2149328]…As to why
I think you guys are a little emotional is because your
a democrat,and dem’s tend to react more on hate of the other
party because they don’t agree with your views of the world.
[/QUOTE]
I will repeat, I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT…At no time have I said that…
Let me repeat, I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2149318]A picture that should sober you up…[/QUOTE]

Without the Republican controlled Congress in the mid 1990s that line would have never dipped. That was back when Republicans had a conservative backbone and Clinton went along with them in order to have a chance to be re-elected in 1996. Had Hillary nationalized the health care system in 1992-1993 that line would have gone off the chart. Don’t give the Democrats (i.e Bill Clinton) any credit for that dip because they had NO INTENTIONS of creating it. Watch what that line does over the next two years if Obama is elected with a liberal controlled Congress. It will be up to the early 1950s level and possibly beyond. Btw, you can tell liberals put that graphic together for this election. They called the REAGAN/Bush years the BUSH/Reagan era. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=UTR;2149338]…darn liberals…darn liberals…if…if…darn liberals…if…if…darn liberals…[/QUOTE]
Readers Digest condensed version…
Finished with this thread…Too crazy for me and that takes some…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2149347]Readers Digest condensed version…
Finished with this thread…Too crazy for me and that takes some…[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify the rolled eyes was aimed at the people that put the chart together, not you. BTW, something must be wrong with your quote button. I rarely use the word “darn” in that instance. :wink:

[QUOTE=UTR;2149350]Just to clarify the rolled eyes was aimed at the people that put the chart together, not you. [/QUOTE]Thanks for the clarification, but after some quick research I’ve determined that the chart is accurate and that was my only point, not to assign blame to a particular party…I’m really apolitical and expect our elected representatives to do the job they were elected to perform and not allow this travesty to happen…I’m an equal opportunity critic…

[QUOTE=UTR;2149350]BTW, something must be wrong with your quote button. I rarely use the word “darn” in that instance. ;)[/QUOTE]I’ll take that in mind on any future quotes and double check…:smiley:

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2149354]Thanks for the clarification, but after some quick research I’ve determined that the chart is accurate and that was my only point, not to assign blame to a particular party…I’m really apolitical and expect our elected representatives to do the job they were elected to perform and not allow this travesty to happen…I’m an equal opportunity critic…[/QUOTE]

I don’t have any reason to doubt the chart. It is probably right. It is just that too many people misrepresent the real reason for the reduced budget deficits in the mid to late 1990s. That chart putting Bush over Reagan when the other designations were correct just jumped out at me.

[QUOTE=UTR;2149357]I don’t have any reason to doubt the chart. It is probably right. It is just that too many people misrepresent the real reason for the reduced budget deficits in the mid to late 1990s. That chart putting Bush over Reagan when the other designations were correct just jumped out at me.[/QUOTE]
Charts tend to present a simplistic overview of complicated data and not the cause/effect relationship…Most people, not you of course, prefer the pretty pictures…:iagree:

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2149362][B]Most people[/B]…[B]prefer the pretty pictures[/B]…:iagree:[/QUOTE]

This is why we keep electing these self serving idiots every two years. They need to remember history a little more accurately.