Febrary 7, 2004 marks the Beatles 40th anniversary of landing in America

vbimport

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 3 /PRNewswire/ February 7, 2004, marks the 40th anniversary of the Beatles’ first trip to the United States, arriving at Kennedy Airport for their American television debut on the Ed Sullivan Show, which aired on February 9, 1964, to an estimated viewing audience of 73 million people-an audience that remains one of the largest for any broadcast in American television history.

Damn, I’m gettin’ old. Guys I remember this! I’ll always be a Beatle bug.

God bless John Lennon and George Harrison. I miss ya.

“And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make” Yes I can Imagine.

~Crabby

Beatles are ok…wasn’t alive at the time this all happened…but I do know their music (even have a CD of them :wink: )

and yes, you’re getting old :bigsmile:

“and yes you are getting old”

Don’t feel like it. :bigsmile: Every generation has their musical heros I guess. For me it was the Beatles. Were they so good, or is it all the memories that their music is tied too?

Together, I think that Lennon/McCartney were one of the best song writing teams ever. I also like the fact that their group pulled it self up by their own bootstraps with a clever manager Brian Epstein.

Originally posted by Crabbyappleton
Every generation has their musical heros I guess.

Everyone who thinks any pop-artist in the 21th century deserves the “musical hero” status , should be shot on sight. The years 1990 - 2000 were nothing but covers of old music.

And don’t get me started on that R&B crap.

Every generation has one , except for the Breezer-generation.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]
And don’t get me started on that R&B crap.

Every generation has one , except for the Breezer-generation. [/B]

2Pac :wink:

Mr. Belvedere: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Couldn’t have said it better!

Hooray for the Beatles btw… not that I like their music that much, but they made place for rock 'n roll in the whole world, and that’s something I (and many others) still enjoy!

What’s the Breezer generation? That must be before my time. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s the Breezer generation? That must be before my time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Young (and mostly) stupid people acting dumb while jumping on stupid beats or other crap…

Anti BreeZah website

Some typical Breezah sluts

Lol the Anti BreeZah site has exceeded it’s bandwidth limit. :slight_smile:

The years 1990 - 2000 were nothing but covers of old music.

//disagrees, unless you define what genre you are speaking of. the “alternative” genre had its best years during this time.

and there is nothing wrong with covers - until covers are what sells albums. [notable exception = jimi hendrix]

//on topic

what is the beatles :stuck_out_tongue:

“what is the beatles?”

Lol, Ok that hurt, owwwieee! :slight_smile:

I was in the restroom after a movie the other day, trying to take a leak, because I “saved” a quarter and got the Coke that’s the size of a wastebasket earlier at the concession stand. Two teenaged kids were in there too. On the Muzak was playing “Yummy yummy yummy” by the Archies. :Z One youth looks at the other and ponders: “Is that the Beatles?” The other kid says: “I don’t know, sounds like it.”

Due to the calming influence of my advanced age, coupled with my inabilty to stop in the middle of taking a leak, they both escaped and thus survived to live another day in their prisons of ignorance.

Then I wept for all humanity. :wink:

//disagrees, unless you define what genre you are speaking of

any pop-artist in the 21th century

. the “alternative” genre had its best years during this time.

I couldn’t agree more.

and there is nothing wrong with covers - until covers are what sells albums. [notable exception = jimi hendrix]

Covers are only good when they are a true tribute to the original author (which it isn’t in about 90% of them). Examples of this can be ABBA covers or even Beatles covers.

Can’t say i absolutely hate Limp Bizkits cover of The Who’s : Behind Blue Eyes , but you’ll never see me purchasing it.
I’d rather have the original instead.

But … most of the current pop songs do not have any original sound ; songtexts that are meaningless and artists that should finish college first to get a decent iq level.

Examples :

Kim Wilde & Nena’s : Anyplace Anywhere Anytime. Just try and listen to the text. Sure , the sound is catchy (but not new) , but the songtext sucks !

No Doubt’s : It’s my life. Do i really need to explain this one ? :slight_smile:

Perhaps that Black Eyed Peas : Shut up is a nice exception on this rule ?

Then I wept for all humanity. :wink:

I’ve stopped weeping ten years ago. They can all go to hell :slight_smile:

Hmmm, the sixties, with the Beatles, the Stones, the Beach Boys, the Velvet Underground,… Does anyone have a timemachine? :slight_smile:

Can’t say i absolutely hate Limp Bizkits cover of The Who’s : Behind Blue Eyes

ill say it for you. limp bizkit adds nothing to the who’s version, and went so far as to shoot a video for it. whats the point? i knew the song before.

now, hendrix covering dylan was a tribute. marilyn mansons covers usually add a lot to the original.

sorry crabby - i have 5 beatles cds. i was just messing with ya ;).

//black eyed peas played at block parties around here 2 yrs ago. mmm, fun.

i think modern pop music is totally embodied in the song ‘milkshake’. i’d rather hear dave matthews cover slayer :frowning: