Feature request and maybe a bug

vbimport

First off can I congratulate the makers of DVD2One for creating such a fantastic app. Its fast and does exactly what it says on the box!!

Right, I think I might have come accross a slight glitch in DVD2One 1.1.3; When I first start encoding a movie in DVD2One my PC is still chugging along quite fast, but as time goes on it gets slower and slower. Even the time that DVD2One sez is remaining goes up. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem??

And now I have a feature request;
Does DVD2One support threading? Will it work better on a dual CPU system or a P4 with Hyperthreading? Im only asking 'cos a P4 HT is on my shopping list.
And also would it be possible to have some sort of thread/program CPU Priority selector while the movie is encoding? So I could lower it for a few minutes while I do some other tasks on my PC and then set it back when I am not using other apps?

Why do U want to something else. It only takes about 20 minutes to transcode, go make yourself a cup of coffee. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It’s NOT the cpu that’s the bottleneck but your harddisks.

DVD2one uses the harddisk very intense reading 8 Gb of data and simultanous writing about 4 gb of data.

Originally posted by ReneB
It’s NOT the cpu that’s the bottleneck but your harddisks.

Thanks for that information, it was like a light bulb went off in my head. So then all this talk about having the fastest CPU is irrelevent since we’re all using pretty much the same speed hard drives.