FEAR help

Hello, I have read and tried countless things to get FEAR to run. I installed the game and I made an image with SecuROM protection from Alcohol Soft 120 and mounted it on DAEMON Tools withh all emulation protection on but still no luck. I have done a few of the Registry hacks which haven’t worked.

As a side note I’m using DAEMON Tools 3.4 (the one before version 4) I don’t think this matters however inform me if it does.

If any of you would kindly and clearly tell me how to make it so I can run FEAR without the CD 5 I would greatly appriciate it.

Just so Mods/Admins are clear…I own FEAR, I’m not using Warez!

Thanks in advance,

~Ownage

> I have read and tried countless things to get FEAR to run.

Does the game run with your original cd?

> I made an image with SecuROM protection from Alcohol Soft 120

You should make the image with SecuROM 4.x/5.x settings not with plain old SecuROM settings.

> As a side note I’m using DAEMON Tools 3.4 (the one before version 4) I don’t think this matters however inform me if it does.

Try again with version 4.

> If any of you would kindly and clearly tell me how to make it so I can run FEAR without the CD 5 I would greatly appriciate it.

Have you tried making a physical copy? You’ll find a number of guides for doing so in the tutorial section.

I got it working after trying countless programs. I think you need a combination of CureROM and a Blacklist remover program that removes daemon and Alcohol soft 120 from the blacklist.

However it seems as though its very hard to get FEAR to run without removing the cd drives. I just got lucky.

~Ownage

Glad you got it working.

However, it’s quite wrong to say that it’s particularly difficult to make a working back-up copy of the cd version.

In reality, it’s only a problem if you want to run the game from a mounted image.

Making a twinpeak copy that will work just fine in the majority of drives is no more difficult with securom 7 than with with any previous version of securom from v. 4.77.0050 onwards.

Yeah I wanted to run it mounted but it works and I’m happy!

~Ownage