FCC clarifies that they do have control over the equipment

I just posted the article FCC clarifies that they do have control over the equipment.

In an aim  to prevent the unauthorised distribution of recorded content off of digital TV  including HDTV, both broadcasters and content owners have successfully pushed  the FCC to put make...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9455-FCC-clarifies-that-they-do-have-control-over-the-equipment.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9455-FCC-clarifies-that-they-do-have-control-over-the-equipment.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well I guess that settles it, everyone move to Canada. We can do what we want with our content, as you already know, and teh MPAA and the RIAA do not have such a stranglehold on our government. Sure it is cold up here, and we all live in igloos haha but at least you do not have to worry about big brother telling you how you are supposed to live your life.

If it’s just a flag , how long you think it will take to create firmware patch to remove it usage , look at DVD zones . Also don’t forget about Chienees manufacturers , we going to have a lot of devices with FCC flag disable entry in "hidden menu"s .

You guys have the most protectionist state on this planet. How long do you think it’s going to be before such devices get banned or taxed so high that they become irrelevant because of their high price? Grow the hell up, take responsibility and stop your politicians and regulatory bodies from castrating you.
[edited by Roj on 18.11.2004 16:18]

“Well I guess that settles it, everyone move to Canada. We can do what we want with our content, as you already know, and teh MPAA and the RIAA do not have such a stranglehold on our government. Sure it is cold up here, and we all live in igloos haha but at least you do not have to worry about big brother telling you how you are supposed to live your life.” To those thinking of moving here (Canada): 1) Leave the 'tude behind. We tend to compromise and be neighbourly, not unnecessarily aggressive. We also keep our noses in our own affairs for the most part. 2) Leave the guns behind - we don’t do those here. You want the right to bear arms? Stay there. 3) Develope a mindset of social responsibility. We didn’t get these freedoms by sitting on our asses. We kept our politicans in line where you have not. 4) Leave your beer. Ours is better. You’ll see. Welcome. The Real Estate Department is down the hall to the left. They’ll help you choose an igloo and move in. You can now vacation in sunny Cuba during the winter at cut-rate prices without any silly rules holding you back. Enjoy.
[edited by Roj on 18.11.2004 18:16]
[edited by Roj on 18.11.2004 18:17]

Simple solution. Nobody buy digital TVs and recorders. The market saturation is so low they cannot begin to force digital only, if they did there’d be a public revolt. Educate others about the restrictions digital TV will really get us so they don’t buy them either. I suspect that when the general population understands that the impending change to digital only means they can’t use all the TVs they aready have, there will be such a public outcry that it won’t happen. I’m surprised we haven’t seen enviromentalist groups fighting the changeover - just think how many hazardous checmicals will end up in people’s trash when millions of NTSC format TVs become useless… (Besides, CB radio was supposed to be extinct almost 5 years ago and the band reallocated. Hasn’t happened.)

-this was left blank intentionally-
[edited by FreqNasty on 19.11.2004 00:00]

No you can’t. My friend in Canada got an infringement notice about downloading a movie from Suprnova and the ISP threatened to terminate the account.

Why do all you people out there want to steal other’s works without paying? nothing more than modern day thiefs. You make me sick.:frowning: