Favorite software

Whats your favorite all around burning software, and im not talking about 1:1 copies like clone cd , but for burning data and mp3’s. Nero, easy cd, etc…

I’m rather partial to Nero. I’m sure the others are just as capable but I like Nero’s interface and ease of use. It’s versatile too.

DiscJuggler

I had this to say recently

DJ is a pre-masterer as well as duplicator and can be likened more to Nero and NTI than CloneCD. DJ does terrific audio (for me anyway) and is still considered the best Error Skipper by VeNoM386 of D-Tools fame, for safeDisc. Copy protection, though, is of little concern to Padus; any success, I suspect, is incidental. A feature I like the most is that I can load up my 6 writers and CD/DVD-ROMs with CD-DA discs as well as any virtual drives with images of CD-DA anything up to the limit of drive letters and convert the music to MP3 or whatever. That’s pretty darn good ‘set and forget’ and the MP3 quality settings are the most wide available.

The development of CloneCD is linked to advances in copy protection. It is a straight duplicator and should not be likened to something like DJ. The Fast Error Skip has recently fallen over in the last two versions (go back to 4016!) but I know that Elby has the latest game of NFS to test SD2.8x I think that SecuROM 4.8 is also gonna be a while as the media density issue may have taken them by surprise. DrMatrix, who posts around the traps infrequently, has hinted that the new Virtual Drive for CloneCD holds some surprises if tested… :wink:

I am a Instantcd/dvd fan. Sure Nero is great too, but Nero doesn’t run on my system and i dont know why. So i found Instantcd/dvd from vob.
It’s very easy to handle and you can burn everything with it. DVDs, SVCDs, VCDs, Photoalbumdisc, data and music disc and so on…
With Instantcopy you can duplicate your Source disc’s 1 to 1…* wtih multiple burnin drive’s.
You can also edit your video and audio files. That is very nice if you want to burn without using tools like premiere or soundforge
Ok it’s expensive, but for 45 € it got a lot…

Hi

I burn with Instant CD/DVD too and it works great !
It´s a complete CD/DVD authoring software with integrated MPG2 encoder and some useful tools for CD and DVD recording. It records all DVD formats like DVD-R, DVD+R …and burn or copy all CD´s as well.
I´ll not miss it any longer !

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Womack
[B]

I burn with Instant CD/DVD too and it works great [/B]
I have to boot specifically for this great program as it conflicts with something else on my system - emails to Tech support go unanswered…

I’m a nero fan. I’ve been using nero since my 4x Creative burner (when it was new!) and had had good luck. The few times I did have to contact technical support, they responded quickly, and the information fixed the problems first try. Nero supports nearly every format under the sun, releases updates regularly, and is VERY stable. I feel the price is fair, seeing that when you purchase the retail version you get

[ul]
[li]Nero
[/li][li]InCD packet writing software
[/li][li]Built in audio tools for the audio CD burning (normalize, Equilizer, hiss removal, pop removal…)
[/li][li]Nero ImageDrive virtual drive software
[/li][li]Nero Media Player
[/li][/ul]

I would recomend nero for everything except copy protection copying.

Originally posted by compu44
[B]…I feel the price is fair, seeing that when you purchase the retail version you get

• [li]Built in audio tools for the audio CD burning (normalize, Equilizer, hiss removal, pop removal…)

[/li]>

I would recomend nero for everything except copy protection copying. [/B]
Where are these features? I wanna know!

…and DJ can read and write SD2 while Nero can only write it

[ul]
[li]Normalize supporting both peak and RMS methods
[/li]
[li]Click Remover
[/li]
[li]Hiss Reducation
[/li]
[li]Fade In
[/li]
[li]Fade Out
[/li]
[li]Stereo Widening
[/li]
[li]Karaoke
[/li]
[li]Echo
[/li]
[li]20-band Equilizer
[/li][/ul]

For basic audio cleaning before burning, it can save you the extra $75 for audio editing software :slight_smile:

oh yeah, almost forgot, nero can also has a function to record from Line-In for converting Tapes and LPs to CD.

Nero. Don’t you just love the version numbers? :slight_smile: