Favorite Linux?

compu44 check your PM
:cool:

Many say, “MS Windows has won, and the Linux Desktop is dead!” Now the Linux Desktop is UNDEAD, and it has risen from its crypt in search of virgin blood. Mortal operating systems will cower before the beast that has been unleashed upon them. Dismiss the weak and inferior, embrace the Evil and Possess your Box with EvilEntity.

HAHAHAHAHA.

I will give it a shot :bigsmile:

moving on to debian soon…

Mandrake linux in Vmware under Windows 2000. Very cool! Best of both worlds. :cool:

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
Mandrake linux in Vmware under Windows 2000. Very cool! Best of both worlds. :cool:

Except for the perfomance… but ideal to run 10 distro’s on 1 system :slight_smile:

Originally posted by ckin2001
mandrake can read from the nfts partition natively on my machine. ill have to try writing to it tonight.

had you had a chance to try and write to that partition?

no , sadly, i have been busy with school and my lilo is broken. ill post tonight (in about 12 hours or so) about whether i can write to the partition or not. i should think that i can. it’d be nice to be certain, though.

no hurry. I greatly appriciate your help with this.

Mandrake.

Installing licoris: while the main file copying for the OS occurs, it starts up solitaire for you to play while you wait. These little details…

Glad to finally be back on the forums. I have had about a 2 or 3 week period that I have been having a lot of trouble with my login. big thanks go to “Airhead” for getting it all fixed up for me. (Within the day that I PM’ed him too) :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any opinions on CollegeLinux? website here

The server seems to be really overloaded at the moment as a new version has just been released, but I hope to give it a go soon. Also, I have just downloaded Mandrake 9.1 Final, and hope to give it a go soon (although it seems not to support the ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500, so I’ ll have to try it in my junker with a VooDoo 3 video card :a

I’ll let y’all know what I find with both.

Compu44 -> If I’m not mistaking, Ati recently released Linux drivers for their cards, pay a visit to their website I’d say :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

Except for the perfomance… but ideal to run 10 distro’s on 1 system :slight_smile: [/B]

hmm ive ran 12 before

Originally posted by 2ndsign
[B]

hmm ive ran 12 before [/B]

Irrelevant :slight_smile:

Too late

Nice, very nice… :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Too late