Favorite Copy Software and Why

vbimport

For making 1:1 copies.

1. AnyDVD to decrypt

2. ImgBurn to read to harddrive

3. ImgBurn to burn

If anyone thinks they have a better way to make a 1:1 copy please let me know.

When not making 1:1 copies I use DVDFab Customize to setup the movie the way I want it.

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2157400]Cool, so maybe there will be more than one choice for BD backups.[/QUOTE]

Read about it in this mighty long thread here.

Regards

I think all the software companys will be developing this I have tried Rebuilder and it takes way to long, I cant imagine how long it will take witha Bluray disc. Probably days LOL.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2157407]For making 1:1 copies.

1. AnyDVD to decrypt

2. ImgBurn to read to harddrive

3. ImgBurn to burn

If anyone thinks they have a better way to make a 1:1 copy please let me know.

When not making 1:1 copies I use DVDFab Customize to setup the movie the way I want it.[/QUOTE]
I like your way BoSox.:iagree:

Having recently tried dvdfab for the first time, I can say that it is the most reliable and easy to use program out there. Plus if you want to make copies of big releases on DAY 1 (ie dark knight, step brothers, etc.) I’m going to go out on a limb and say that dvd fab is the only one that will reliably git 'er done. Plus the fact that you don’t have to have several programs running to do it is a solid advantage. Now for the down side…
It has some seriously strange install/uninstall behaviours and WILL certainly leave plenty of ‘mementos’ in your registry to remember all the fun times that you and the program shared, which can be VERY tricky to remove. Additionally dvdfab is on a subscription basis and there is no one-time purchase option that I know of…If you don’t mind that, it’s without a doubt the ONLY option for easy/reliable/simple dvd copying.
I’m personally still boycotting the program because of the mentioned down-side.

Magic Dvd Copier
It is the best out there. You don’t have to decrypt or run any other program. Just put the movie into you dvd player and Magic Dvd Copier does the rest. You can copy the whole disc to a dvd-r 4.7 gb disc or just the movie. If you do have a problem you just have to email support and they tell you have to copy the movie. I have used this program for the last 2 years and never found a movie I couldn’t copy. Sometime I have to wait for the latest upgrade or contact support. Best program out there for the price.
I have used all the other programs out there and they can’t do all the movies, like Sony movies, this software does all movies.
There is also a magic dvd ripper if you dont won’t all the trailers, ect. you can just burn the files you want.
Got to http://www.magicdvdripper.com/

Anydvd to copy movies and HandBrake to convert the movie to MKV so i can watch it with my WDTV :slight_smile:

AnyDVD + CloneDVD2 work all the time for me :iagree:, but i rarely do this anymore.

Right now I’m looking for a BluRay version of CloneDVD2. I want the ability to take out all the “junk” on a disk; and leave me with the Menus, 5.1 sound and the main movie => all on a 25 Gig BD-R.

(I want to clone my BluRay disks and take them up to the Cabin and not have to worry about someone screwing them up.)

I don’t see anything out there that can handle this yet. :confused:

DVDFab. Simple to use

[B]123 CopyDVD[/B] is a decent program for burining back-ups.

Ideal media solutions for me the very best very easy and they have updated protections already defeated before the new releases hit the stores 99% of the time ahead of all other major companies.:clap::clap:

And the owner takes care of the customer support is the best I have seen.

For DVDs it has long been AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD2. I loved the old DVD Shrink but it is so far out of date that it is just not practical to use anymore, especially if you have the two aforementioned programs. In other news though I am finally willing to take the plunge and get into blu-ray burning. I have had a blu-ray burner for more than a year, but I have held off doing them due to the price of discs and the hassle of backing them up. I will start off slow by doing movies that are single layer (or can be made single layer backups with one or two minor tweaks), and then move on from there. I will be using AnyDVDHD and IMGBurn and will let you folks know how it goes.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2683154]I will be using AnyDVDHD and IMGBurn and will let you folks know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

You can’t go far wrong with those two. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

A couple of years ago, Netflix announced it had cowtow’d to the studios and would withhold new DVD releases for a month.

Much griping went on, and folks thought this would allow streaming fill in that gap but one unintended aspect has been that DVD-ripper-copiers have been able to get that month’s delay in Netflix customers’ accessing those DVDs. So those DVD Ripper Copiers have, by that time, released any needed updates to their programs.

I am testing out MAGIC and then IDEAL to see which I adjust to from the DVDFAB+DVDShrink world.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2683167]You can’t go far wrong with those two. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I still haven’t figured out how to do anything beyond a backup of a single layer original as of yet. I know there is BD-Rebuilder but I remember what rotten luck I had with it’s predecessor. I will keep doing some digging.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2683761]Unfortunately I still haven’t figured out how to do anything beyond a backup of a single layer original as of yet. I know there is BD-Rebuilder but I remember what rotten luck I had with it’s predecessor. I will keep doing some digging.[/QUOTE]

Kerry did out a nice guide on the basics of BD-Rebuilder here, that you might find interesting.

I keep threatening to have a look at BD compression myself some day but haven’t had the time yet. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Please forgive me. I’m a newbie and very green. I’ve been using DVD Flick to code and burn movies that are Legal! Torrents that have been compressed in various formats. DVD Flick has been working great/using ImgBurn to burn the disc after it encodes the video, then the audio the the subtitles. It combines, then burns with ImgBurn. Lately, I’ve been having a very short lag between the audio and video. The audio is something like milliseconds earlier than the video after the burn. I’ve only seen DVD Flick mentioned once searching here for hours. Please, if anyone can help me, try to remember I’m a beginner and have run into something that I haven’t had problems with for a couple years now. Mainly, I’m burning old TV shows for my mom. She is getting old and has to spend a lot of time sitting doing nothing and I am crippled so we both have Movies and TV for entertainment. I really am begging for help here. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled DVD Flick and will try to reburn some movies but wont be able to test them until next Thursday. Don’t have a DVD player. I will really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I don’t know how to use all these other programs and don’t know if they will work with compressed torrents? Will be praying for your help. Mark

I love Pavtube ByteCopy, because it can copy Blu-ray to Multi-track MKV format to help preserve Blu-ray 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

Yes its a very good program.

I like the Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate best, it’s really easy to do, I can input my MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV etc, any videos to it, then I can get any video I want from it. Why I don’t like the MakeMKV or Handbrake? This software not only can support the DVD and Blu-ray disc, ISO/IFO image and folder, i can copy the DVD and Blu-ray to another blank disc by 1:1 copy or the disc main title. I like it in deep.