FAVC/IMGBURN (Optiarc AD-7190A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7190A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Noob Here… I need some simple Instructions on how to rip a Copyright protected dvd using Favc/Imageburn, If its even possible. I just got these programs and I have no Idea how to Do this. Please drop me a link to some info Or tell me whats up. Thx

Hi everfinal and welcome:

Dowload DVDFab HD Decrypter (free) and rip the DVD to your drive. The program should be self-explanatory. Neither of the programs you have are intended to do what you want.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

After using DVDFab HD, you’ll have the appropriate files needed in a VIDEO_TS folder on your HDD…Now here’s a guide you can use for the FAVC and IMGburn…Good luck!

A pretty concise method that revolves around freeware apps is:

DvdFab Hd Decrypter to rip files to HDD.

Dvd Shrink to compress (transcode) those files to fit on a standard single layer disc.

And Imgburn to burn.

[QUOTE=everfinal;2147892][qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7190A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Noob Here… I need some simple Instructions on how to rip a Copyright protected dvd using Favc/Imageburn, If its even possible. I just got these programs and I have no Idea how to Do this. Please drop me a link to some info Or tell me whats up. Thx[/QUOTE]

Looking up Favc is for converting as it stated

“A GUI for several different free video tools that takes one or more AVI files and produces a DVD folder ready to be burned to a DVD and played in any regular DVD player.”

So if you going to rip as what you want to do that program won’t do it and imgburn won’t burn if Favc can’t rip the dvd. You need to get another program for that. But that is from my research of that topic.

Hey guys I can’t thank you enough for your help, I’ll take a couple hours for research and development and I’ll hit yall back with my results. Thank you all.

You’re quite welcome:

I gave you a quick answer because you asked about ripping to your drive. If you want to go beyond that using the suggestions from the other members, a solid piece of advice is to only use quality media. That usually comes down to two choices (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and only Verbatim if DL).

OK NOW. A success is very appreciated my friends. Knowledge is definatley power.

But now another one If I may.

I’ve used Sothink dvdmoviemaker To convert some .avi So that I can watch them in my dvd player. I have 2 players and it works in One but not the other. ok then… I use your advice and my success works in BOTH players. My question is Can I Rip the dvds created with sothink and make new ones all over from the beginning that will play in both players? so far its not working :{

Thanx again/sorry for the load

What format are the files created by Sothink dvdmoviemaker? Are they in DVD structure? I’m not familiar with that proggie…
Can you be a little more specific?..The devils into details…