Favc help

vbimport

I have just downloaded the GUI,FAVC, and for the life of me, can’t figure out how to insert the source file, I tried opening the magnifing glass icon, get to the file I need, then it gives me the option to “open” when I click on it nothing happens. If someone would be good enough to advise me, please make it in laymens terms, as I am not a Techie.
T.I.A.

When you are in the window that says Open, look on the left side of the window. It will have several icons, a folder that says Recent, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer and My Network.

I don’t know where you have stored your video you are trying to convert, but it is easy to navigate to it by clicking on the My Computer icon in the Open window. Then double click on the hard drive where it is at, then open the folder by double clicking it.

At the bottom of the Open window, it should say All supported Files as the file type you are looking for. Be aware that FAVC cannot directly import .vob or .mpeg files. There is a way to do that using AviSynth, but it isn’t as simple as importing all the other types of video files.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2031940]When you are in the window that says Open, look on the left side of the window. It will have several icons, a folder that says Recent, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer and My Network.

I don’t know where you have stored your video you are trying to convert, but it is easy to navigate to it by clicking on the My Computer icon in the Open window. Then double click on the hard drive where it is at, then open the folder by double clicking it.

At the bottom of the Open window, it should say All supported Files as the file type you are looking for. Be aware that FAVC cannot directly import .vob or .mpeg files. There is a way to do that using AviSynth, but it isn’t as simple as importing all the other types of video files.[/QUOTE]
Kerry, I get to where the file is ready to open , hit open, nothing happens.

The files found in a dvd Video_TS folder are ifo, bup and vob files. None of which can be directly imported into FAVC. The actual video is mpeg2 in a vob container file. The ifo and bup files are for navigation and backup of navigation information.

If you want instructions on how to import these dvd files into FAVC using Vob2Mpg and AviSynth let me know. Otherwise you may need to use a different tool, like DVDFlick. I believe it can import mpg files, though I don’t remember trying vob files directly. It isn’t one of my regular tools.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2032044]The files found in a dvd Video_TS folder are ifo, bup and vob files. None of which can be directly imported into FAVC. The actual video is mpeg2 in a vob container file. The ifo and bup files are for navigation and backup of navigation information.

If you want instructions on how to import these dvd files into FAVC using Vob2Mpg and AviSynth let me know. Otherwise you may need to use a different tool, like DVDFlick. I believe it can import mpg files, though I don’t remember trying vob files directly. It isn’t one of my regular tools.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Kerry, I have several programs at my disposal just like to experiment, this look’s too complicated for the trouble.

deep for me.

What is it you’re trying to accomplish using FAVC, with the files in your VIDEO_TS folder? It’s most likely already DVD compliant…Maybe I’m missing something,but FAVC converts avi,mkv,wmv ,etc to DVD…
Or are you converting one VOB to DVD?
Hey kerry56, how ya doing?

Hey t0nee1
Last time I helped someone with this type of thing, they were trying to convert a PAL dvd to NTSC, which FAVC seems to be able to do since it can use DGPulldown. Looks like durkinit was just experimenting.

Or maybe reencoding to fit a certain size. I’d suggest DVDRebuilder for that though.

Yeah DVDRB for sure, and as far as FAVC, you gotta love it’s avi to DVD conversions,works great IMO!..
Cheers…