Faulty audio burning

Hello!
I have used my LG DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM for quite awhile now and till this day it has served me flawlessly :slight_smile:
I have used it mainly for burning data dvd’s, but now i had to burn audio CD (you know, ones you can play in all cd players - .cda filename)
The program is Nero ver 7.0.0.0. I chose “Audio CD” from the options tab and created a list of songs. Burning was also ok - no errors occured.
When it came to playing back the music from cd, i noticed many glitches in some songs. Many didn’t have proper intro, some parts were being looped etc.
Then i tried to burn other disc. Same songs - same trouble. The errors were exactly the same. After that i took re-writable cd (cause i didn’t want to waste so many discs:P) and recorded same songs, but in other order. Result was, that my portable cd-player didn’t recognize the disc (because it’s re-writable ?) and still the same songs had the same glitches, even though they were in different order.
Does this mean my burner is tired of working and needs replacing or problems are caused by software?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

There’s a well-known problem with burning audio CDs in a lot of Nero 7 revisions.

If you’re burning .cda from music files (.mp3, .wma etc), then you might like to try the small, free program Burrrn, which is what I use.

Burn at 16x with Burrrn, and hopefully your problems will be solved :wink:

Thanks, mate!
I’ll buy new discs tomorrow and try it out. And probably i’ll need CD-R not RW? Don’t know whether it’s just my player but i didn’t manage to read CD-RWs.

Oh, almost forgot. Is it possible to burn, let’s say 713-720MB, onto 700mb disc? Nero alerts that disc is only 703MB, but there’s an option to burn 713MB onto the disc. Is it highly not recommended or worth a try?

Earlier, when trying to burn audio, i also used 800MB disc (just to make sure problem isn’t in disc capacity). But nero didn’t recognize it as 800MB disc. Nero’s fault again?

aZb

It’s never a good idea to overburn…IMO,and not all burners will do it…

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Yep, I’d use CDR as not all players support CDRW :iagree:

It is possible, but only if your drive supports overburning. I wouldn’t bother personally. Edit: hehe, t0nee was faster :smiley:

Yep, not recognising 800MB is Nero’s fault again :iagree:…at least at the default settings. To use the full capacity I believe you’d have to overburn (but in this case, you’re not really overburning, just using the disc’s full capacity).

I’d stick to 700MB CDRs for audio though, as like I said, there’s no telling what a player will and will not support (800MB discs may not even be supported by the player(s)).

Better to be safe than sorry and have discs that are playable and compatible with different players IMO. :wink:

Thanks again.
I just tested the discs. Fortunately my player supports 800mb cd’s, but not RWs. Lucky me i didn’t find this out at the last moment :smiley:

Hi,

just as an addition:
Since your Nero version is the very first Nero 7 release, it will have several flaws. So you should get the update to latest version from here: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero7-update.php (Broadband internet connection strongly recommended)

Michael

Burrrn failed :stuck_out_tongue:

When burning (actually just processing the files) an error occured:

/-/
Finished processing file #20.
Finished processing file #21.
ERROR:
ERROR: C:/DOCUME~1/USER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/burrrn_temp/18_Rob Zombie - Feel so Numb4.wav: found sampling rate 48000, require 44100.
ERROR: Header of audio file “C:/DOCUME~1/USER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/burrrn_temp/18_Rob Zombie - Feel so Numb4.wav” is corrupted.
ERROR: C:\Program Files\Burrrn\burrrn.toc:74: Cannot determine length of track data specification.

Actually the file is mp3. I can’t believe that problem is in this file (i tried different versions of them).

I had some problem MP3’s that burrrn failed to burn,so I used IMGBurn in build mode and successfully burned to a CD disc… worked great for me…try it…

[QUOTE=azb;1920021]Burrrn failed :stuck_out_tongue:

When burning (actually just processing the files) an error occured:

/-/
Finished processing file #20.
Finished processing file #21.
ERROR:
ERROR: C:/DOCUME~1/USER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/burrrn_temp/18_Rob Zombie - Feel so Numb4.wav: found sampling rate 48000, require 44100.
ERROR: Header of audio file “C:/DOCUME~1/USER~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/burrrn_temp/18_Rob Zombie - Feel so Numb4.wav” is corrupted.
ERROR: C:\Program Files\Burrrn\burrrn.toc:74: Cannot determine length of track data specification.

Actually the file is mp3. I can’t believe that problem is in this file (i tried different versions of them).[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, well spotted. CD ripped tracks are usually 44100 (I have a few vinyl rips that were done at 48000, haven’t tried burning them with Burrrn though). Obviously Burrrn has a problem with those files.

If that’s the case - update your Nero to the very latest revision, and try again as I don’t think Nero has a problem like that (IIRC anyway).

Updated nero and seems it’s working fine (Y)
Haven’t tested the cd in a player, but can’t see a problem why it shouldn’t play.
Big thanks to everyone!

Well, I’m not sure in which revision of Nero 7 the audio problem was fixed, if it even was, so don’t cheer just yet til you’ve tried the discs on a player :wink:

goddamit, you were right again. Player didn’t recognize the CD :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe it’s just the 800MB (even though it was able to read those faulty 800 discs)
I’ll give nero one more try with 700mb, and then… something else.
Yesterday one friend reminded me other possibility - windows media player. Didn’t think of that.

Apart from possible media incompatibilities with the player, 48kHz recordings have to be reencoded to achieve audio CD compliant 44,1 kHz. I am not sure if Nero does this automagically. Reencoding the WAV files using some other piece of software (perhaps Audacity) might help here.

Michael

Nope. This time it was just the 800MB disc. Recorded same songs (well, few less) onto 700mb cd and it played well.
Don’t know why it played that other 800 disc.
Anyway, after 5 wasted cds nero finally did it.

Finally! :clap:

Also update.

The program is Nero ver 7.0.0.0.

[quote=azb;1921188]Updated nero and seems it’s working fine (Y)
[/quote]

btw, those 800mb cds worked fine in other non-computer cd-player. I have to admit CD-players are quite complicated :stuck_out_tongue:

Just for the record, azb: what version of Nero are you now running?

Ver 7.10.1.0