Fault on FSP212-3F01 Rev:1 power supply - Need some Voltages!

vbimport

Hope someone can assist? Mum’s TV ‘broke’ a few months ago, dead PSU. She didn’t want to wait for a repair so a new one was purchased. Which leaves me with a perfectly good TV - Hannspree JT01-32E2-000G 32" - apart from the dead PSU! The PSU model is: FSP212-3F01 Rev:1. I started to fault find it, however, managed to find repair kits at Ohm Supplies, on t’internet. Once fitted I decided to check all the other components before power-up, just-in-case! And found two more shorted parts: D14 and ZD3. Went back to Ohm Supplies to see if they could supply these parts . . . . B*%$@ useless! Although they answered e-mails, eventually - and promised to find the parts, I’m still waiting after nearly three months! So, if anyone knows what these parts are I’d be Very grateful for the information, however, an alternative would be : If you have one of these power supplies and could measure the Voltage across each of the parts (D14 & ZD3) for me I could then, at least, find parts. BE CAREFUL THOUGH MAINS VOLTAGES EVERYWHERE!!! Voltages expected are around 5V to 20V for ZD3 and around 0.3V to 1V for D14 ? Thanks in advance Dave H :cool:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: daveejhitchins

no markings or number on the two bad parts? You checked those two diodes with your meter in diode mode right?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes, done all the usual checks . . . Both parts short circuit. Both MiniMELF parts with ring markings . . . can’t find any reference to the codes anywhere :o(

Dave H :o)

[QUOTE=daveejhitchins;2624859]Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes, done all the usual checks . . . Both parts short circuit. Both MiniMELF parts with ring markings . . . can’t find any reference to the codes anywhere :o(

Dave H :o)[/QUOTE]

I would say do some searching on the net to see if you can find a service manual that might be able to show you diagrams and parts listing to be able to know what part to order to fix and that part could be a piece of a larger part you could order to fix rather then trying to fix that individual part???

I’ve been trying to find a schematic for well over 4 months now :frowning: I’ve found sites that purported to have a schematic that turned out not to be so . . . I’ve started to draw the circuit out, but even that’s proving difficult as the IC data sheets are proving just as difficult to get hold of. I’ve been designing, electronics, for the last 30 years and it seems to get more and more difficult, these days, to obtain product information - dare I say . . . in this ‘throw-away’ society! So, I’m hoping someone out there can assist? I’ll still full of hope! :slight_smile:
One thing it has ‘brought to mind’ is that all my designs are now going to be made-available. May take me a while to build a web site - should keep me busy for a while :slight_smile: - Thanks again to anyone who can assist. - Dave H :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=daveejhitchins;2625028]I’ve been trying to find a schematic for well over 4 months now :frowning: I’ve found sites that purported to have a schematic that turned out not to be so . . . I’ve started to draw the circuit out, but even that’s proving difficult as the IC data sheets are proving just as difficult to get hold of. I’ve been designing, electronics, for the last 30 years and it seems to get more and more difficult, these days, to obtain product information - dare I say . . . in this ‘throw-away’ society! So, I’m hoping someone out there can assist? I’ll still full of hope! :slight_smile:
One thing it has ‘brought to mind’ is that all my designs are now going to be made-available. May take me a while to build a web site - should keep me busy for a while :slight_smile: - Thanks again to anyone who can assist. - Dave H :)[/QUOTE]

That the sad reality we live in but since the market crashes people nowdays seem to be holding on to things much longer and seems like people have started to wakeup and realize somewhat that we can’t get what we all want. Only other choice would be for you to contact the manufacture and ask them…have you tried that???

[QUOTE=daveejhitchins;2624787]Hope someone can assist? Mum’s TV ‘broke’ a few months ago, dead PSU. She didn’t want to wait for a repair so a new one was purchased. Which leaves me with a perfectly good TV - Hannspree JT01-32E2-000G 32" - apart from the dead PSU! The PSU model is: FSP212-3F01 Rev:1. I started to fault find it, however, managed to find repair kits at Ohm Supplies, on t’internet. Once fitted I decided to check all the other components before power-up, just-in-case! And found two more shorted parts: D14 and ZD3. Went back to Ohm Supplies to see if they could supply these parts . . . . B*%$@ useless! Although they answered e-mails, eventually - and promised to find the parts, I’m still waiting after nearly three months! So, if anyone knows what these parts are I’d be Very grateful for the information, however, an alternative would be : If you have one of these power supplies and could measure the Voltage across each of the parts (D14 & ZD3) for me I could then, at least, find parts. BE CAREFUL THOUGH MAINS VOLTAGES EVERYWHERE!!! Voltages expected are around 5V to 20V for ZD3 and around 0.3V to 1V for D14 ? Thanks in advance Dave H :cool:[/QUOTE]

Hi daveejhitchins and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I know nothing about electronics but would any of this be of any use to you?

[B]Wombler[/B]

That’s exactly what he needed! Awesome job :smiley:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2625098]That’s exactly what he needed! Awesome job :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks Eric! :flower:

Still no word yet from the OP but I’ll trust your expert opinion on that. :cool:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2625077]Hi daveejhitchins and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I know nothing about electronics but would any of this be of any use to you?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delayed reply. That’s one of the sites I found quite early on. Unfortunately all the information, e.g. schematics and similar, don’t actually deliver what they say :sad:

I’m still spending time on the net looking. I’ve also contacted the manufacturer (no response) and the UK agents. I do have an address for Hannspree’s service department. Will attempt contact to find the data I need . . . Not holding my breath, though!

Thanks for everyones help. BRs - Dave H :cool:

When you say you’ve already contacted the manufacturer I’m not sure if you mean the TV manufacturer or the company that actually manufactures the power supplies for Hannspree.

If you haven’t done this already check out the actual power supply manufacturer’s details here.

The model you need is no longer listed but for the ones that are it says at the bottom of every page ‘Detailed specifications and drawings provided upon request’.

Presumably this means they can also supply you with the older drawings as well.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler:

Thanks, I had already tried the Power Supply manufacturer’s site, however, must have missed the ‘Detailed specifications and drawings provided upon request’ bit . . . . I’ll give it a go :clap:

Thanks again - BRs - Dave H :cool:

Well there’s no harm in trying and let’s hope you’re successful.

As they say ‘if you don’t ask you don’t get’. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks to all who answered:

Sorted the problem out. Treated it like a design project. Found the data sheet for the IC the parts in question were attached to . . . Looked at what they did - as it turned out they were part of the over Voltage protection network - checked the recommended parts with the actual circuit (a few calculations) fitted the parts - which in this instance were a 6V2 zener and a good old 1N4148 - turned on and started watching the TV :clap: :smiley: :smiley: