Fastforward/reverse problems w/ copied dvd

the movie seems to burn fine. when i insert it into my home dvd player ( Magnavox MWD 200G) it starts like the orginal dvd its when i try and rewind or fast forward that it freezes up (screen is completely black) i can press play to stop rewinding and it goes back to the begining of the movie…when fast forwardin it skippes several scenes. i am using memorex dvd-r 16x 4.7gb 120min blank dvd’s…i tried slowing burning speed from 16x to 8x and still the same problem excists. my dvd burner (PBDS-DVD±RW DH-16W1S ATA Decive) came with the DELL Inspiron 530 i just bought. i have burnt several movies and all of them have this same problem…the only problem!!!

Is there any suggestions to what may be causing this problem?

Thanks-Harley
<!-- / message -->

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Most of times this problem is due to a bad burned disc, and most of times this is due to a low quality disc.

Memorex are known to be low quality discs. I suggest to use better quality media, like Verbatim. This should solve :slight_smile:

thanks for the help… i ment to update the message when i brought it over from the dvd next copy fourm but i forgot. i went out and bought a pack of verbatiums dvd’s and again same prob. slowing burner speed down doesnt work either. PUZZLED!!!

That’s strange: Verbatim are among the best media available at the moment.

Can you update the burner firmware? If you bought Verbatim 16x discs, try to burn them at 12x or 8x: this should give the best results :slight_smile:

Thanks geno888, well said. Also you might try +R’s or +RW’s and booktype to DVD-ROM as well.

i tried -R/+r & RW still didnt solve prob. i looked at a cpl of sites and couldnt find my burner i dont really know where to look. kinda new to this and as far as booktype you spoke of thats the first i have ever heard of that. could you explain more on how to do that.

thanks-

I suggest Imgburn (it is free)if you don’t mind using another application that is free rather than using DNC’s burn engine (not that it is bad). I couldn’t find your burner either on any site to see if a firmware upgrade is there. I also answered you on the other forum as well.

Maybe nero Infotool can give better details about the exact drive model :slight_smile:

in Imgburn how can you get the file compressed so that it will fit on a singel-layer disc. i read the dvd and save it to my HD but when i try to burn it the disc doesnt have enough space

Unless I missed it there is no way to compress using Imgburn.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2012828]Unless I missed it there is no way to compress using Imgburn.[/QUOTE]

Ditto :iagree:

I switched to CloneDVD2 and i dont ahve any problems so it was the DVD Next Copy software (bummer)…You know of any free decryption programs that will work with CloneDVD2. i had Machinist2 and that dont seen to work so i am using a trial version of AnyDVD.

Nothing free for clonedvd2 sorry.

I just bought my inspiron 530 …I guess im just not a computer person…can you tell me what I need to do to burn cd’s?

Burn CD’s or DVD’s?

Just an update as I took a poll on the top five issues and this one was repetitive, so this is one of the many things I am reporting as a main issue overall on issues.

I have a simular problem…i can fast forward/reverse but only at 2x if i try to go faster it freezes up and if i hit play it starts at the begining. im using sony and verbatim dvds and same thing on both. i have latest ver of neXtCOPY 2.9.9.1 and my drive (MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120) has the latest firmware availible. PS i already know it aint the best drive around but it came with the pc and it hasnt failed me yet. any ideas?

There seems to be some issues on this and it is a hit and miss type of thing. They are working very hard on DVD neXt COPY V3 and I hope this will address the masses on this issue.

I just purchased DVD next copy ultimate several days ago and have copied 3 different movies, all of them have the same fast forward and rewind problems.

Today I installed the trial version of CloneDVD2 and copied 1 movie and it plays and rewinds/fast forwards fine.

I have opened a ticket through DVD next copy. I hope they can resolve the problem for me because I do like the software.

Has anyone else had this problem resolved?

Keith

[quote=KeithBNimble;2187392]I just purchased DVD next copy ultimate several days ago and have copied 3 different movies, all of them have the same fast forward and rewind problems.

Today I installed the trial version of CloneDVD2 and copied 1 movie and it plays and rewinds/fast forwards fine.

I have opened a ticket through DVD next copy. I hope they can resolve the problem for me because I do like the software.

Has anyone else had this problem resolved?

Keith[/quote]
Well at least you did the first step on getting your issue fixed. Submitting a support ticket about that issue is a good start.