Fastest software to convert dvd to ipod?

vbimport

I have 22 training videos (DVD) htat I would like to convert to ipod format - and I wanted to know which one to purchase? I tried clonedvdmobile and it took almost 4 hours for a 1.5 hrs dvd??
I would be grateful to anyone who cna give me a suggestion.
Thank you guys.

I’ve just started converting to Ipod MPEG-2 and very pleased so far. I’m sure you’re aware, this process is pretty darn labor intensive for your cpu…much more so than re-encoding MPEG-4. I’ve been using Fab Platinum and while it may not be fast, does much better than 4 hours for a 90 minute dvd. I just converted Blood Diamond…running time 143 minutes. It took just about 90 minutes, start to finish.

Platinum is available as a free 30 day trial. You might want to give it a shot…
DVDFab Platinum

Good luck, hope this helps.

I see I have MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 reversed…sorry about any confusion. That’s what I get for posting at 3:30 AM… :rolleyes:

anyone got an answer why my computer crashes when I´m using clonedvdmobile??

I get into the first 13% then the computer shuts down!! Never used to. I´ve been converting files for over a year now

Help appreciated!

[quote=recruitment;2092353]anyone got an answer why my computer crashes when I´m using clonedvdmobile??

I get into the first 13% then the computer shuts down!! Never used to. I´ve been converting files for over a year now

Help appreciated![/quote]
It could be a conflict with other software, I have used CloneDVDMobile for many convertions and never had a problem, especially with MPEG4 conversion. It could also be a bad disc, it could also be that the memory maxed out, it could be a thousand things, need more information about your configuration.

[quote=recruitment;2092353]anyone got an answer why my computer crashes when I´m using clonedvdmobile??

Help appreciated![/quote]
I had this issue, but it turned out I forgot to plug back my CPU fan after a cleanup. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=recruitment;2092353]anyone got an answer why my computer crashes when I´m using clonedvdmobile??

Help appreciated![/QUOTE]

Try cleaning out the dust bunnies inside your PC…sounds like it might be a heat issue. :slight_smile:

BTW, welcome to CDF, recruitment and m-p{3} :slight_smile:

[quote=Arachne;2110033]Try cleaning out the dust bunnies inside your PC…sounds like it might be a heat issue. :slight_smile:

BTW, welcome to CDF, [B]recruitment[/B] and [B]m-p{3}[/B] :)[/quote]
Thanks [B]Arachne[/B].

I know it took time between my account creation and first post, I go on so many forums :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=m-p{3};2110039]I know it took time between my account creation and first post, I go on so many forums :P[/QUOTE]ha i saw a first post by a member last night that joined June 2004.

[QUOTE=recruitment;2092353]anyone got an answer why my computer crashes when I´m using clonedvdmobile??

Help appreciated![/QUOTE]

If your system is overclocked, go back to stock and try it. I had a similar problem with CloneDvd2. Once my system was entirely stable the problem dissappeared.