Fastest cd rom/dvd

hey guys. i was wondering whats the fastest audio ripping cd rom or dvd player around. i already have the lite on 16x dvd and a toshiba 1502 16x dvd(i think thats the model). i really dont like the toshiba very much. it extraxts audio at horrible speeds. the lite on is at least twice as fast. any recomendations?
one more question too. what is the best way to set up the writer, the reader, and the hard drive in the ide channels? i have the hd as primary master, the reader as primary slave, and the writer as secondary master. is that the best set up?
thanks fellas. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by hed_strosity
hey guys. i was wondering whats the fastest audio ripping cd rom or dvd player around. i already have the lite on 16x dvd and a toshiba 1502 16x dvd(i think thats the model). i really dont like the toshiba very much. it extraxts audio at horrible speeds. the lite on is at least twice as fast. any recomendations?
Yes a Plextor CD-ROM or writer… These are very fast with DAE. For more results check here.

one more question too. what is the best way to set up the writer, the reader, and the hard drive in the ide channels? i have the hd as primary master, the reader as primary slave, and the writer as secondary master. is that the best set up?
thanks fellas.

Yup that’s the best setup :slight_smile:

thanks alot man! :slight_smile:

one more question. does having the reader and the writer on the same ide channel cause problems when copying on the fly? thanks again.

one more question. does having the reader and the writer on the same ide channel cause problems when copying on the fly? thanks again.

That depends if the reader is fast enough and if the writer has burnproof, seamless link,…

I hav a toshiba 1612 on secundairi master and an Acer 2010 as slave and I can make perfect copys on the fly at 20x (before I used an Aopen 10/40 dvd but then it took about 15min to burn a cd at 20x)