Fast dvd ripper

vbimport

Hi there,
Total noob question here, and I’ll probably get smacked down (for some reason, the ‘search’ tool keeps erroring out when I use it on Firefox or IE, otherwise, I’d search).
Anyway, I’m looking for a fast DVD ripper. Not a fast burner, just a ripper that’ll do my DVD’s in 5, 6, 7 mins.
Any suggestions? Where can I get it? Thanks!

Your best bet would be to get a modified firmware for your drive that removes riplock—the intentional slow ripping capability built into many dvdrw drives. Using an unofficial firmware will void any warranty you have on the drive, by the way, but it is one possibility to speed things up.
Look here: http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

And if you find anything that gets ripping speed down to 7 minutes for a full sized commercial dvd, please post it here. We will be very interested. Skeptical, but interested.

Thanks Kerry!

I found DVD Fab and DVD43 over the weekend. They helped since my DVD Decrypter started getting weird on me. Between those 2 programs, I’ve been ripping full size DVD’s in 10 - 14 mins. Shrinking them in about 15 - 20 mins.

Of course, I’m running other programs too. I’ll see if can’t get that time down. There both old units, NEC 3520A & Pioneer 115F. Maybe it’s time to upgrade?

Any ideas for a fast ripping platform?

PX-760A (or the SATA version PX-760SA) is currently the fastest ripper by a few seconds compared to BenQ 1640/1650/1655. Check this out: Fastest DVD DL rip speed