Farstone restoreit 2014

vbimport

Good day

I am wondering what is the best backup imaging for windows

I was looking at Acronis But i have been hearing bad things about the 2014 acronis i do know the 2012 was the best they came out with

what is your advice on the Farstone restoreit 2014 it sound painless and something i can handle but i am not sure how good it is

if any one here has used it please let me know PRO and CON before i make my purchase

My main concern is backing up windows and backing up my game witch is FSX and this game can build up to 50gb or more with its addons

many thanks

It’s no real backup solution,more a system restore program.
if your mbr is messed up,you can’t access your snapshots,as RestoreIt 2014 has no bootcd anymore…
If you want a real backup,check for example, Macrium Reflect or ImageForWindows…

@roadworker

Thank you will check them out , still dont understand what is the difference between restoreIt and Macrium

But any way i want something solid many thanks

You could also try Aomei Backupper which is free and enables creation of a boot cd with either Linux or WinPE environment. Although it too is primarily a system back-up and restore program, selected files and folders can be restored without having to restore the entire back-up. Recommended. :slight_smile:

I have Acronis 2013 and it can do incremental backups if that what your looking for…not sure about 2014 don’t have the and will have to look into what 2014 has. I used it from the cd to reboot the image and to create the image so it doesn’t need to be installed on the computer or laptop. It’s has replaced my original ghost backup program from past and since I don’t use Floppy anymore cd are the next best device to use to make the image. And when I do save images I have a separate HDD to store that large image file so if the main drive goes out I just buy new drive and restore the image and I am right back and working.

Thanks to all I am using Macrium Reflect Now and it looks like it is OK I have also used Aomei Backupper once or twice but did not really give it a chance although i think it is a good Product and i should Not forget about it ( because before posting i have forgot about Aomei )

My current set up is using Macrium Reflect and using Acronis 2013 backup CD just in case one of them fails the other is ( Plan B )

Do have a fast Question it looks Like Macrium Reflect does not have incremental backups Or i could have missed that Part so what i want to ask is if i make a new back up can i delete my Old back up ?? or do i have to keep both ??

still new with Macrium Reflect have not figured it out yet

But Acronis CD is solid

many thanks

[QUOTE=speer;2716679]Thanks to all I am using Macrium Reflect Now and it looks like it is OK I have also used Aomei Backupper once or twice but did not really give it a chance although i think it is a good Product and i should Not forget about it ( because before posting i have forgot about Aomei )

My current set up is using Macrium Reflect and using Acronis 2013 backup CD just in case one of them fails the other is ( Plan B )

Do have a fast Question it looks Like Macrium Reflect does not have incremental backups Or i could have missed that Part so what i want to ask is if i make a new back up can i delete my Old back up ?? or do i have to keep both ??

still new with Macrium Reflect have not figured it out yet

But Acronis CD is solid

many thanks[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge I don’t recall Macrium has anything like incremental backups. But doing so will require a vast amount of separate SSD or HDD to store all that data not to be store on the main drive itself should failure occur you will loose everything even if you partition the drive it is still the same drive. But I for my use on Acronis 2013 just do most til full drive backup cause when I update the software it’s all the software I install that I update not just a few and to me a full restore works better for my needs yours might be different from what I use Acronis 2013 for.

[QUOTE=speer;2716679] Do have a fast Question it looks Like Macrium Reflect does not have incremental backups [/QUOTE] Macrium Reflect Free Edition does not have incremental/differential backups, but the paid versions do.

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Aomei Backupper is freeware,can do incremental backups and has a bootcd,in case of a non-bootable system disaster.:clap:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2716847]Aomei Backupper is freeware,can do incremental backups and has a bootcd,in case of a non-bootable system disaster.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Sounds decent wonders how it compares to Acronis??? Here some more info about dual boot with Aomei problems from their support

About this problem I felt sorry. Currently this version can not ensure that backup multi—boot system, and then every OS could boot after restoring. It can only ensure the current OS (which you are running to do the backup)can boot after restoring. We have the plan to optimize this function in the next upgrade. So if you want to do a schedule backup, this version can not achieve your goals.

If you just want to make a backup of the original disk, you can start from the original disk and then boot Windows 7, install AOMEI Data backuper on this OS and then make a system backup of your Window 7, then restore it to the new disk (select the corrupt Windows7 partition as destination, to replace it).

In addition, we are upgrading this software. If you have any quesitons or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Kim
Aomei Technology Support Team
Did read some reviews where users had problem booting from USB/DVD boot for Aomei. So not sure if it was limited to the board or bios/UEFI or what might be the cause of not booting from those devices. If that is a problem would not be a good thing for Aomei as I used Acronis DVD boot-setup disk to do my imaging and re-imaging and so far ver. 2013 hasn’t failed me yet in imaging my drive.

Thanks Guys i am back on acronis CD back up at least i know i can boot :slight_smile:

will give Aomei Backupper a try as far as booting from CD

many thanks