Far Cry

Anyone know what copyright protection is on the CD version?

Far Cry - SafeDisc 3.20.022 but i’m not sure as to your country.

Picked up my copy the other day (USA), arayscanner reported it’s 3.15.10.

My litey made a working backup… all that matters :smiley:

how would i make a backup of it?

Originally posted by jordansaxe
how would i make a backup of it?
http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=81

usually safedisc is easy to get around, however far cry seems to not like my cd’s :sad:

it loads from the image fine, but when i tried to back it up to cd, it says far cry exe has created an error and will shut down:confused:

the copy protection guides have failed me…

Actually had this problem way back in the days of November 2003.
It would come up with “illegal operation”. It normally indicates you do NOT have a 2 sheep burner. What is your burner’s name/model?

it’s an LG GCE-8520B… works good on all of my other games

i even tried re-installing it from the backed up images, but still no go :sad:

hopefully, a new version of alcohol will be released soon to help tackle this issue

still strange that it works from the image, but not when i put it on cd…:confused:

I made a working copy using a Plextor Premium and the newest version of blindwrite. Works in all of my drives so far. I just used the standard settings.

Originally posted by pentium
I made a working copy using a Plextor Premium and the newest version of blindwrite. Works in all of my drives so far. I just used the standard settings.

UPDATE:

It does not work in my sony dru-500a dvd burner or my friends plextor 708a dvd burner. It does work in the following drives:

Plextor premium
Pioneer dvd-120
Liteon 52x cd-rw

It does not work in my sony dru-500a dvd burner or my friends plextor 708a dvd burner. It does work in the following drives:

If it doesn’t work in your friends computers and they don’t have blindwrite installed you will need to install the auto-play filter, it will hide the ATIP.

Blindwrite is installed on the other computer. The problem is it does not work correctly in dvd burner drives. It does work fine on his liteon 52x just wont work in either of my dvd burners.

Has anyone made a successful backup of this game yet??? (cd version)

I have burned about 20 coasters trying to get a perfect copy and I am starting to give up hope. I have used the following burners:

Liteon 52x
Plextor premium
Tdk 2410B
Sony Dru-500A DVD burner
Plextor 708A DVD burner

And I have tried clone cd, blindwrite, and alcohol. I have even tried going back to the 4.57 version of blindwrite and I have updated all of the firmware.

If someone has made a copy that actually works in 100% of the drives they test it in please post your procedure.

Use CD-RW media, that always helps.

I have the UK dvd version, has a load of emulation blacklists :frowning:

I really dont know what to do!

Originally posted by pentium
If someone has made a copy that actually works in 100% of the drives they test it in please post your procedure.

From sd 3.15+, making a copy that will run from all drives without any form of emulation (other than an atip hider where required) is virtually impossible. See here .

What matters is that you’re able to make a back-up copy that will run from at least one of your drives.

Well that sucks. I guess I should just be happy that it works in some of my drives. Thanks for the info.