Far Cry & Pandora Tomorrow

vbimport

Has anyone made a successful backup copy using Alcohol 120 v1.4.8 for Far Cry and Pandora Tomorrow with a LITEON 451S. Thanks :wink:

Dont think you can, these both use the same protection, were all gunna have to wait until someone sorts out the blacklist issues

:sad: :a :sad: :a

I made a working copy using GameJack 4. I made the image of the game to my hard drive. I havent actually burned it to a disk. However … you can mount the image made with GameJack 4 and play it just like an original disk… no prob.

Its not possible yet.

Running from mounted image will work

but burning that IMAGE back to DVDR will not work.
you may get the perfect burn but you will get the EMULATION detected ERROR or Nothing will happen at all if you go to run those games from DVDR`s.

========================

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]Its not possible yet.

Running from mounted image will work

but burning that IMAGE back to DVDR will not work.
you may get the perfect burn but you will get the EMULATION detected ERROR or Nothing will happen at all if you go to run those games from DVDR`s.

======================== [/B]

Thanks for the info… i was also able to use Alcohol 120% and got the same results. I dont have the dvd tho… i only have the 5 disk cdr ones. Same thing tho. I hope someone finds a way to fix this.

I copied it with the Plextor Premium. Haven’t tried my Lite-On yet.

What setting did you use in Alcohol 120?

I used for data type… custom and check all settings available… worked fine… took a few minutes at the end to complete… and looked like it had locked up … but finishes… and worked. Im a newb at this… soo cant be more technical than that.

According to a user on another forum he backed up his copy of Farcry (DVD) by doing the following:

"Anyway i made a copy that works fine and i didnt have to go through all the crap mentioned above in this thread,
suprising enough it seems that dvd’s dont have all that protection that most cd based games do , i use alchohol or clone cd usually for cd based games ,
with far cry all you have to do is copy the files from the disc to your hdd and then simply burn them with nero on data mode , i did it and it works fine "

Ok, so its a simple drag and drop to HDD and then burn? Im not sure if it works because i havent got the game, could anyone try this method and see if it works?

Originally posted by Maxy0987
[B]According to a user on another forum he backed up his copy of Farcry (DVD) by doing the following:

"Anyway i made a copy that works fine and i didnt have to go through all the crap mentioned above in this thread,
suprising enough it seems that dvd’s dont have all that protection that most cd based games do , i use alchohol or clone cd usually for cd based games ,
with far cry all you have to do is copy the files from the disc to your hdd and then simply burn them with nero on data mode , i did it and it works fine "

Ok, so its a simple drag and drop to HDD and then burn? Im not sure if it works because i havent got the game, could anyone try this method and see if it works? [/B]

================================

this will never work.
these games need Digital Signicture Autherization when trying to run them if no signicture is found it will simply do nothing
or keep trying then die out back to desktop…

DVD BURNERS do not have RAW DAO burning Instructions
so they cant do anything that requires RAW DAO and most CDRW burners that burn good 1/1 backups of sicuromnew or safedisk v3 need RAW burning to be in with any chance of the backup working.

with DVDRW burners this simply is not the case.

and if the above method works i will eat my hat lol :slight_smile:

Yes that is obviously true… if it were that easy… jesus im sure there would be alot less posts here on this forum. However… i have yet to backup my copy of the play disk of farcry. Well… let me re-phrase that. I have yet to make an actual working copy (1:1) that will work without any emulation. I have the cdrs… not the dvd. Please… if anyone has had success backing up this disk the play/install disk… please post here or hit me on yahoo (chiefndubs) or email me at chiefndubs@hotmail.com. I would really like to get this over with. If its possible.

Originally posted by chiefndubs
Yes that is obviously true… if it were that easy… jesus im sure there would be alot less posts here on this forum. However… i have yet to backup my copy of the play disk of farcry. Well… let me re-phrase that. I have yet to make an actual working copy (1:1) that will work without any emulation. I have the cdrs… not the dvd. Please… if anyone has had success backing up this disk the play/install disk… please post here or hit me on yahoo (chiefndubs) or email me at chiefndubs@hotmail.com. I would really like to get this over with. If its possible.

Backing up the CD versions of games is EASY.

all you need to do is USE cloneCD with Alcohol120%…

you make the image with Clone and Burn the Image with Alcahol…

and remember to write in RAW DAO with Alcahol and Disable Some settings in CloneCD that require Emulation ect… for the settings i choose IGNORE rather than Use those.

If done correctly it works as i have already done Farcry and SC Pandora cd versions and they all work in my Liteon 166S and im my liteon Writers with HIDE ATP enabled.

What Version of Clone Cd did you use? And what setting did you disable in Alcohol?

How do you HIDE ATP?

Originally posted by miller1236
What Version of Clone Cd did you use? And what setting did you disable in Alcohol?

look here mate.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92854

same goes for you shanley

post if the guide worked for you in the thread link that i have just posted.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

GameXcopy backs these titles up fine. plays on image (with updated dameon tools as gamexcopy uses dameon tools for hd images). Also burned fine with gamexcopy at 4x and plays fine on all my cdrw drives…burned with plextor premium read with Asus 5224A.

could not get any other software to write the image coorectly other than gamexcopy…yes i was shocked too.

Gamexcopy will not burn new versions of Securerom though…thats why i use bw for that with my premium;)

So after you set Alcohol to hide ATP. You have to have Alcohol minimized, running in the back ground for it to work, correct?

NO… it should work reguardless… otherwise i think somethin is wrong. Mine works fine without even havin any of the programs installed.

This may sound like a dumb question but how do you hide ATIP on my LiteOn 451S Drive.:confused: Thanks

Originally posted by miller1236
This may sound like a dumb question but how do you hide ATIP on my LiteOn 451S Drive.:confused: Thanks

You use Alcohol 120%'s Ignore Media Type Option or CloneCD’s Hide CDR option in their system trays.

You do not need to hide the ATIP on a CD ROM or a DVD ROM.