Far Cry cd's to DVD possible?

ok i would like to take and put far cry on one dvd instead of the 5 disks it came on. is there any speacial trick i should use to make it a installable dvd. that is my only intent here to be-able to install from the dvd( I hate swapin disks)

should i create images of each disk and put them on the dvd (would require mounting each one) or simply copy each disk to a folder on the dvd much like the ut2004 dvd?

any help would be great!
thanks in advance,

Buck

yes its possible and has been done by a few people.
and its very easy.

its been done to UT 2004 aswell.

you need to get or ask anyone for the INSTALL FILES ONLY. and the TXT file of the ROOT of the DVD.

then all you do is place the files in the correct folders and replace the cd installation files with the DVDROM files and reburn with PREMASTER in NERO v6.

i have both UT 2004 and FARCRY DVDROM`s but only 56k
possibly someone with Broadband can help you out.

its a very easy Prossess. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]yes its possible and has been done by a few people.
and its very easy.

you need to get or ask anyone for the INSTALL FILES ONLY. and the TXT file of the ROOT of the DVD.

then all you do is place the files in the correct folders and replace the cd installation files with the DVDROM files and reburn with PREMASTER in NERO v6.

its a very easy Prossess. :bigsmile: [/B]

Anyone have these files and willing to share them with me? i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Buck

and its very easy.

its a very easy Prossess. :bigsmile: [/B]

I don’t think it will pass the copy protection that way.

and its very easy.

then all you do is place the files in the correct folders and replace the cd installation files with the DVDROM files and reburn with PREMASTER in NERO v6

:bigsmile: [/B]

With ut2004 is easy to do that because the cd version do not have verification of swapping cds and you simply can copy all the content of each cd to hard drive and then remaster to dvd.

But with far cry ; how is possible to remove the swap cd verification during installation?

Because thats requires to use a cra*k, i think this is not the place, even having your originals.

I think admins will take that as is, so this forum is to explain and to know about copy protections.

And secondly, respecting CDs to DVDs, yeap, it is always possible, but not necesary easy.

For UT it can be done by almost everyone, but for Far cry, you should know a bit about installers and how to cr*ck them.
In this case uses the windows installer system, so a .msi must be “modified” in order to allow correct installation from DVD without CDs checks. Because is not the place, explanations about are quite “non-apropiate”.

Finally, and this is not about that poll, i think i have found a way to 1:1 backup (without emulation) any SecuROM (and maybe Starforce/ProtectCD) protected title (and perfect working on EVERY reader). To give some clues, Blackcheck’s tool must be updated, the principle is the same, but not in form. We can use the Sta Clara & Codemasters technics found in FADE to success…
This must be confirmed yet, but at least have found some interesting info about that called “physical” sign, that really isn’t! (:P). Will post an article more in detail to be discussed in the next days.

Also, i will speak with R!co, cause i have some job for the Blindwrite’s team. Finally found symetry in SecuROM “key” and a fixing must be done to the BWA engine extractor in order to extract with almost every reader. Now cleaning and smothing a BWA is supported, but not fixing to appropiate one (for CDs or DVDs).

Will wait results…(We can call it something like, i have got a new idea!)xD

Good luck!