Fantom GreenDrive 1TB External USB2.0 / eSATA Hard Drive $70 + s/h (Starts Monday)

vbimport

Fantom GreenDrive 1TB External USB2.0 / eSATA Hard Drive $70 + s/h (Starts Monday)

CompUSA and/or TigerDirect will have the for Fantom GreenDrive 1TB External USB2.0 / eSATA Hard Drive for $70 + Shipping.

Buy 2 of them to get $1.99 Shipping.

Good luck.

Cav.

how do you know they will have them for that price? :wink:

cause currently TigerDirect has it for $139.99.

[QUOTE=NBR;2166680]how do you know they will have them for that price? :wink:

cause currently TigerDirect has it for $139.99.[/QUOTE]

Advance info has already been posted on FatWallet and SlickDeals. However, the one thing Cavalyr left out is that this will most likely involve a rebate. There is no way anyone is selling a 1TB drive for $70.00 out the door, at least not right now. That also means you can’t buy two without having separate addresses to send the rebate checks to (most of these kinds of deals allow a limit of one rebate per physical address).

so in other words this ‘deal’ really aint much of a deal… it is but it aint :wink: … cause if u gotta pay quite a bit for shipping PLUS mess around with rebates… you can currently get a Samsung 1TB HDD on newegg for $94.99 out the door (i know it’s internal and the one advertised by OP is external but close enough :wink: ). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152102 … which i got about a month ago for $109.99.

but i guess if the hard drive that the OP posted is even 80 TOPS out the door (after rebates) for a ‘external’ hard drive… it’s still a solid deal overall if you dont mind messing with rebates which i generally like to avoid in general.

either way i thank the OP for his time posting it as im sure it could be useful to some people on this site.

Damn, I just bought one for $99 on Black Friday.

alright people. sheeesh. work with me a little. i would have put if there was a rebate involved. here is the thread that is at Slickdeals.

Slickdeals Thread

if it bothers you that much something is not right. dont worry about getting it. i mean no offense to anyone, but sheesh. just passing the deal along.

Good Luck with it.

[QUOTE=Cavalyr;2166822]alright people. sheeesh. work with me a little. i would have put if there was a rebate involved. here is the thread that is at Slickdeals.

Slickdeals Thread

if it bothers you that much something is not right. dont worry about getting it. i mean no offense to anyone, but sheesh. just passing the deal along.

Good Luck with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Cavayr, I probably wouldn’t of been aware of this otherwise.
budzos

[QUOTE=Cavalyr;2166822]alright people. sheeesh. work with me a little. i would have put if there was a rebate involved. here is the thread that is at Slickdeals.

Slickdeals Thread

if it bothers you that much something is not right. dont worry about getting it. i mean no offense to anyone, but sheesh. just passing the deal along.[/QUOTE]

Note that, I wasn’t knocking the deal, if it turns out to be true. I’m just somehow skeptical, considering how lame so many of the deals have been this BF weekend, that Tiger Direct will come through and deliver a real, unquestionable deal, with no hassle. Don’t worry, I’ll be waiting for the deal to go live, and if it really is just $70.00 with no rebates, I will be buying at least two. :bigsmile:

negritude…no problem. all is well. i just ordered the 1.5TB internal last night. most tempted to get this. almost hope i forget about it. hehe.

yeah i agree with negritude… cause if that was straight up 70 (say 75-ish with shipping) with no rebates involved that would be pretty hard to pass up especially considering external stuff cost more than internal in general and internal HDD’s of that capacity are still a good 20-25+ dollars more. :wink:

so in other words it would be a pretty great deal if it’s 70 (or a hair more) out the door for one of those.

The Samsung 1TB internal linked above has 2 bad anonymous reviews. Anyone here have one?

Here’s a direct link to the Fantom 1TB external:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4083482&Sku=M261-8214

[QUOTE=Steve83;2167046][B]The Samsung 1TB internal linked above has 2 bad anonymous reviews. Anyone here have one?[/B]

Here’s a direct link to the Fantom 1TB external:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4083482&Sku=M261-8214[/QUOTE]

you mean this one… http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152102 ? (yes, i have this myself… had it about a month now)

cause that’s pretty much the fastest drive in it’s class (out of the 1TB availible) in pure transfer rates… it’s seek times are mid-range to slower side though vs other brands… but in transfer rates it beats pretty much all the name brand ones like Seagate/Western Digital etc… plus the Samsung only has 3 platters in it vs 4(Seagate/WD)-5(Hitachi) like everyone else (which is better)… so it pretty much uses less power and should be quieter to.

also, in general i would not take newegg.com’s reviewers to seriously as alot of em are just average joe’s and usually rate something a 5 star if it works and if it dont work they rate it a 1 star lol… i actually read a professional review ( http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-overtakes-a-bang,1730.html , http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9059681 ) before i bought mine… but if u wanna play it safe Seagate has 5 year warranty’s vs Samsung’s (and pretty much everyone else) 3 years… and i figure sure there’s going to be failure rates on ALL hard drives so your pretty much guaranteed to get a few bad hard drives here and there but im sure (unless someone know’s otherwise?) that the Samsung i linked to is a overall solid choice.

Great deal im going to get 2 of them if they ar $70 no rebates

Staples has SimpleTech externals on sale, $60 for 500gb and $120 for a 1tb, NO REBATES! Good $ on the 500gb, so-so on the 1tb.

[QUOTE=Mr_Furious;2167463]Staples has SimpleTech externals on sale, $60 for 500gb and $120 for a 1tb, NO REBATES! Good $ on the 500gb, so-so on the 1tb.[/QUOTE]

Fry’s had the SimpleTech 1 TB on sale for $109 on sunday. It was one per person max. I brought my bf along and bought two :).

We have confirmation:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem1770.asp

OMG! They even claim it has a 5-year warranty! That would be insane!

Also, I hate to say this, but the 50-pack of Memorex 8x DVD+R DL for only $26.99 looks tempting, even just for testing.

just a small update…guys over at slickdeals have come up with that it might start around 12 EST. since the weekend deals are ending at that time. would have hated to miss this, but am sooooo glad i went to bed last night. good luck.

Deal is DEAD! They changed the price. It’s over! :sad:

u serious?

it was actually 70 bucks?

and it’s over in what like a few hours time max?

[QUOTE=NBR;2167525]u serious?

it was actually 70 bucks?

and it’s over in what like a few hours time max?[/QUOTE]

It was dead before it started. The advance info was wrong. It was never $70 bucks. It was an ad mistake that got corrected.