Fantastic 4 Movie

Anyone had any problems with this movie?
I’ve been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD for almost a year now and never had any problems.

Currently, both programs are updated with the latest release.

So anyway, for the 1st time yesterday, I received an error when trying to copy Fantastic 4.
It would read for maybe like 10 mins or so, then when it gets around 2 mins, it gives me an error.

Sorry, man, this movie’s not yet released here in the US so most of us haven’t had any experience with it. Your best bet is to send IFO’s to slysoft support I think. And since I’m buying this movie when it comes out, it’d be appreciated so they can get a fix before I get it. :wink:

It is out tomorrow in UK/Ireland - If I am around the shops tomorrow I will pick up a copy and I will post back with the results - Would be interesting to know what AnyDVD thinks the disc is protected with - any chance you could post the AnyDVD info window?

Wait what? You serious? I live in New York City and walked in to my local video store yesterday and got it.
I don’t get it, when is it supposed to be released?

So since I’m the 1st one around here who has it on DVD, I’m letting you people know now, it’s not working with CloneDVD.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.6.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: FANTASTIC_FOUR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

With this effort, you could have stated your real name and exact address of residence.

Well, want more specifics? I walked in, saw the dvd on the shelf, asked him how much?
Gave the man $20 plus tax and purchased the movie.

I believe next Tuesday for us. The uh, info you posted btw, seems to indicate that you have a copy and not an original. :slight_smile:

That was my guess, hoping that others will have the same impression how the hell have you got the original. (Tame Jobu) :wink:

This is what I’m referring to. No way in hell that’s an original…I’m not saying it’s your fault, I’m just saying that it’s not what I’ll be getting on Tuesday. :slight_smile:

@ Caboose,

Exactly what is the difficulty you are having coping this DVD Title?

Please post error code and/or narrative displayed when you experience your particular problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.6.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FANTASTIC_FOUR_SPECIAL_EDITION
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

R2 UK/Ireland PAL Backed up no problem!!

Caboose,
The movie original is a fugesi, so you don’t want AnyDVD running when you back it up. It has no encryption. Next time, don’t buy from Donnie D’a jeweller! :disagree:

Yes, I have seen this problem before. A fellow bought a Band of Brothers DVD set off Ebay thinking it was an original set and he posted the log which had the same ‘Media is not CSS protected’ info. that this guy’s log is showing.
I have the original set an told him my set is CSS protected and region locked, so he apparently got ripped off.

Regards,:slight_smile:

They probably were sold a DVD-R Copy of the movie with a Sticky Cover on it that makes it look like the original. I am surprised someone would have the nutz to sell that on Ebay…LOL

Caboose,
You did indeed fall victim to a shady store, intenionally or unintensional There are many of these questionable stores in the confines of NYC. What you bought was a copy, AnyDVD indicated that when it showed it was region free.
I don’t understand why you paid 20.00 for a 15.00 movie, either the 20.00 figure is not correct or you need to use better judgement in the stores you buy from. Any reputable business would never ever put something like that out for sale. One look around these type of stores should alert you what is going on.

In could very well be the details you provided are true and you just didn’t know any better, in any case I would bring the DVD back and demand a refund and tell the clerk you are calling the police unless refunded. I’d still call the Police after the refund because they are still crooks no matter how you look at it.

I must admit though I feel you paid far less then what you are stating and may not follow up on my suggestion.

The simple fact is he bought this movie several days before it’s official release. Now I know some people have advanced access to movies before they come out and that’s great and all, but, in this case it was fairly obvious that it was not an original. Some professional pirates are pretty good at printing up packaging to match the original which could make it somewhat difficult to tell if you’re getting a fake or not. Nonetheless, it would behoove you to be careful when buying out there. And if it’s before the official stated release date, be extra vigilante. If you do buy a fake, try to bring it back if possible, but, I’m guessing a lot of these people don’t exactly take returns. :slight_smile: Professional pirates are the ones that deserve to get arrested, prosecuted, and sent to jail.

Maybe he meens this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007US7CQ/103-8998136-0083067?v=glance&n=130

I suppose it’s possible, but, somehow I rather doubt it.

I agree, paying 20.00 for a 40.00 price quote on Amazon should also raise a red flag. Having experience for burning DVD’s for almost a year should indicate a general knowledge on DVD pricing.