Fan Splitter Cable

vbimport

Hi Everybody,

I have an ‘ASAKA Fan Speed Controller’ of which I have connected my CPU Fan, however the controller did not come with any way to connect back to the motherboard so that BIOS can detect it & also report the speeds.

Is there a fan cable which will allow me to connect back to the motherboard whilst connected also to the fan controller? - this will mean a 2x Female with a single male connector (I think, as both the Motherboard and Controller will need a female and the Fan a male)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank You

[QUOTE=Scorpio721;2590850]
I have an ‘ASAKA Fan Speed Controller’ of which I have connected my CPU Fan[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about you but that is something I wouldn’t do unless you want to void your warranty. Get a unit that does better cooling if your CPU is getting to hot. The one that connects to your CPU should already have 4 pin connection that controls the fan speed already. Also you don’t mention what type of CPU or motherboard your using. Giving us general problem without any specifics will not get any good help anytime soon.

[U]Pc Specification[/U]
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q SE2
CPU : Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50GHz
GPU: Palit GeForce GTS 250
PSU : 550W
RAM: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2

CPU Cooler: ASAKA 1U Cooler (Model No: AK-CCE-7107BS) which uses 3-Pin hence the need for Speed Controller as very noisy at 5000 RPM.

As for not giving you the specifics I should have elaborated, I was simply wondering if it were in the realms of possibility, hence my generalisation. I know other controllers (ones that control only 1 fan) do have 2 two connectors so that the motherboard also has a connection.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank You

Looks like no-one else can assist me with this, so I think I’ll play it safe and leave my system as it is!

Thanks