Family Guy Volume 7 Disc 3 Problem

:confused:I just tried to back up Disc 3 of Family Guy Volume 7 but the copy fails to play the episodes. Only the menus work. I did notice that DVDFab reported only 59Mb on the disc.

I am using DVDFab 6.0.1.9. Other copies done during the same time work fine.

[QUOTE=cecrowder;2296869]:confused:I just tried to back up Disc 3 of Family Guy Volume 7 but the copy fails to play the episodes. Only the menus work. I did notice that DVDFab reported only 59Mb on the disc.

I am using DVDFab 6.0.1.9. Other copies done during the same time work fine.[/QUOTE]

Probably a problem disc…bad pressing…how do you feel about going back for a replacement disc?

OC

:slight_smile:

Try rolling back to an earlier version or wait for the next update. 6.0.1.9 has a known issue with deleting content with some DVDs. See the release notes thread for a post from Fengtao.

The problem I discovered was Pathplayer. Once I disabled it, the full size of the disc was found.

Glad to hear it. The release notes for one of these recent betas had something “improving” PathPlayer’s performance, which always makes me nervous. May or may not be related. Be sure to remember to switch it back to “Always Enable”. It will solve far more problems than the occasional one it creates.

Already done.

The only thing that bothers me is that the copying of discs (not the burn) seems to have slowed down by half. It used to take about an hour to copy and burn a disc. Now it has increased to about 2 1/2 hours.

I am getting about the same speeds with v6.0.2.0 that I had before. Make sure your optical drive is in DMA transfer mode and that the drive that hosts the temp file is defragmented and has plenty of free space.

The DMA is set to UDMA2 (older system) and the drive with the temp files and the final output was recently cleaned and defragged. Plenty of disk space.

You might want to try it again with the new release (6.0.2.2). It has a PathPlayer fix.

So has anyone gotten this to work yet? I am using version 6.0.2.2 and disabled the pathplayer, and still not able to backup this DVD.

I successfully backed up this disc after disabling PathPlayer. Backup plays just fine.

I think my disc 3 is scratched, I couldnt get it to play anyof the special features without skipping a few times, which leads me to believe I have a defective disc. Its wierd, I never even thought to play the special features. Ill come back when it is resolved or if I have any more problems.