Familiar with Artec? And what's the best burner?

vbimport

Hey there guys, first post here and I figured I'd ask the experts. I'm looking to pick up a new cdrw drive soon and wanted your opinion on which is best. Looking at the forums, it seems like the Ultraplex 40 is the burner of choice. Elby doesn't list this drive as correctly writing regular bit problems. Is this true? It also lists the Artec 24/10/40 drive as able to properly write these sectors. Anyone have any experience with Artec drives? Does the new Artec 32 write drive also write regular bit patterns correctly? It's not listed on the Elby site yet and I've noticed several instances where a newer model of a drive isn't able to write these sectors correctly while an old model can. Thanks for any input you can give guys, I appreciate your time!

depends on what you want to use the drive for

plextor seams to be good with protected audio cd’s and lite-on for protected data cd’s.
the lite on is fully supported by clonecd (also regular bit patterns )

This one does it all.

Buy a LiteOn writer for all available data-protections (except Tages of course…) and a really cheap cd-rom player like Delta or LG, apparently these cheap readers read audio-protections. (Beware: I don’t have personal experience with these cheap readers.)

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
Buy a LiteOn writer for all available data-protections…
ASUS 40x is faster & cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:

LiteOn does it all including subchannel protections! :stuck_out_tongue:
LiteOn ltr-40125s zsod is faster! (p-cav) :stuck_out_tongue:

But IF… Asus will be able to read audio-protections I will sell my LiteOn! (Or just keep it and buy my 3rd writer… :stuck_out_tongue: )

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help there guys, I have a shiny new Asus on the way. I’m horribly impatient and ordered it about 5 minutes after writing this post last night. I saw your post on the Asus and decided it looked pretty good futureproof. Nice to have a name I know on the cdrw too. I appreciate the help again guys!

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
LiteOn ltr-40125s zsod is faster! (p-cav)
P-CAV is for reading, yeah? Z-CLV is for writing, yeah?Can you post a LaserLock read here? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently, ASUS CRW-4012A is more expensive than 40125S in Europe, that’s not the case here :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, another question. I’m currently running an old Sony 8/4/32 SCSI burner. Is it just me or is there a serious lack of any SCSI burners that can handle Safedisc protection? I initially wanted to stick with a SCSI drive, but broke down and got the IDE Asus. Do you know of any SCSI drives out there?

Originally posted by vortix
Is it just me or is there a serious lack of any SCSI burners that can handle Safedisc protection?
Yes. (New Yammy can do a backup that works in the burner only)