Fallout Tactics: BOS Backup?

vbimport

Does anyone know how I can successfully copy the 3 disks for Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of steel?

I’ve tried CloneCD with a Plextor CD/DVD drive, but when I try to install the new disk on my laptop (different type of drive) it is skipping and hanging.

and ideas …

Thanks, Lance

Originally posted by lalarka
[B]Does anyone know how I can successfully copy the 3 disks for Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of steel?

I’ve tried CloneCD with a Plextor CD/DVD drive, but when I try to install the new disk on my laptop (different type of drive) it is skipping and hanging.

and ideas …

Thanks, Lance [/B]

What is the protection? A couple of sites say it is un-protected.

hehe … that was kinda my question too. I don’t know. I can’t find any of the usual file marker flags on the CD. It just gets to 60% DPM with Alcohol 120% and freezes.

With CloneCD is gets to 85% then slows waaaay down … to like 200 bytes/sec. But gets through. When I burn the image and try to install from that disk though the install program craps out.

I’m thinking that there is something physical with the disk that is making it hard.

Lance

Use a-ray scanner to see what it is. Might be tages

IF there are read erros in the first 2~5%, then it is SafeDisc. If there are errors around about the 97% mark, then it should be Ring Protech. If there are errors around Sectors 2000~12,500, the it should be ProtectCD-VOB. But 85%, if this happens everytime I would think there would be a lot of scratches or another error based protection or something. When reading, press tools/log to bring up the CloneCD log. See if any activity is in there while reading. Or just scan it with ClonyXXL, Yaps or A-Ray Scanner.

Good Luck:)