Fallout 3 - SecuROM 7.38 - problems

vbimport

I have searched these forums and only found the following by “itsjustme” - thankyou for the information below.

Title: Fallout 3
Version: v1.0
Developer: Bethesda Softworks
Publisher: Ubisoft
Language: english (uncut)
MediaType: DVD9

protection:

SecuROM 7.38 Disc-Check during installation

I used alcohol 120% 1.9.7.6221 to attempt to copy the Fallout 3 DVD using securom as the selected protection.

The copied dvd resulted as follows:

I insterted the DVD and as it begun to autoload the installer I get a message saying “to insert the original disc and not a backup copy to install the game”.

Any ideas? should I change what software I am using? Has anyone copied Fallout 3 successfully yet?

Thanks for you time.

Anamalech

Hi anamalech. You can play that game from image with DAEMONTools. To play a SecuROM protected disc you need Emulation. Install DT and activate SecuROM Emulation. After, download Y.A.S.U. from here. Copy and paste Y.A.S.U to DT’s installed folder. Run Y.A.S.U. and select “SecuROM 7.x Cloaking” and click “Cloak”. Minimize Y.A.S.U. and mount your image to DT. You can play now :wink: I hope answer is enough…

• Emulations in DT/Alc must only be activated for imperfect burned copies, or for burned copies which need RMPS emulation - not needed for mounted images
  • Latest public YASU version isn’t capable of hiding DT drives from being detected by SecuROM check of Fallout 3; i guess the new version 1.5 goes public the next days

btw. Fallout 3 can be installed without the SecuROM check by just using the Setup.exe

Arg. I’m having the same problems, it’s so annoying… but I think it’s all my fault.

When I ripped the DVD using Alcohol 120 I saw an error message [B]“Cannot get the right DPM info from the disc with current device”[/B]. I wasn’t sure if it was too important, so I ignored it.

Am I an idiot? Is the DPM information really important?

As it stands I had the Alcohol image and the only error message I get is [B]“please insert the original disc instead of a backup”[/B]. Obviously I’ve installed the game already using the original disc, but what’s stopping my mounted version from working?

@JCW2001
DPM is essential for a SecuROM image to function, you can retry with different DPM speed(s).

… or just start the game directly with the Fallout3.exe - not via the autostarting protected FalloutLauncher.exe

[QUOTE=Terramex;2165948]@JCW2001
DPM is essential for a SecuROM image to function, you can retry with different DPM speed(s).

… or just start the game directly with the Fallout3.exe - not via the autostarting protected FalloutLauncher.exe[/QUOTE]

Reading this thread I take it there is no way to make a 1:1 backup of Fallout3 but it will work just fine if I back it up with something like Alcohol, install from the backup and then just launch from the Fallout3.exe and not FalloutLauncher.exe? Do I have that right?

I’ve been away from the backup scene for a few years. :rolleyes: I really don’t like having to do the whole virtual drive thing etc. I just want a good backup that I can use while I keep my nice expensive disk in the case on the closet shelf. :bow: