Falcon Pro DVD-R WARNING

vbimport

I just picked up a new 100 tape wrap pack from SM. They’ve been scanning mediocre-poorly. However what really concerns me is the one that just scored a 0. I took a close look at the disc & the dye is visibly fading.

I’ve had these for about a week. Ordered from Supermedia, Silver non printable pros.

A once great brand has gone down the tubes (or else they’re counterfeits). The code remains TTH02.

I hesitate to attatch a scan as several folks feel my Optiarcs are a poor scanner. However there is no question, on the 0 disc the dye is fading near the outside where the errors also kicked in on the scan.

You should take send off an email to Supermedia & see what if anything they’re willing to do about it… most etailers can’t afford a bad rating.
Many people are usually unwilling to return media in fear of what was actually recorded on the discs (such as pirated and/or illegal content). In extreme cases it’s worth eating the loss.

Most people will say that TY/JVC (PREMIUM, NOT THE VALUE LINE) and Verbatim AZO are the best SL dvd recordables. It’s much rare’er to see fake/bad media in the trusted brands list for obvious reasons (etailer repuatation being one good motivator).

You’'re probably right on trying to return them. Though SM can be a real pain, & I’ve been getting & returning so many crap discs the last couple years it’s almost easier to use them for my friends; though if the fading dye ends up being on more than the one disc, they’re obviously worthless.

A friend just sent me one of the White Falcon corporate’s he got from SM at about the same time I got my silver Falcon pro’s. While he sent it in a plastic case for safety, it has several scratches & blemishes in the dye. Don’t know if my friend is responsible or not. The media code is TTH01. I’ve never seen that one before. Googling it shows it as “TDK scratch proof”.

He also sent me a CMC disc that also has blemishes in the dye. Not sure how he could have caused that, but odd that 2 different discs have similar visual imperfections.

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2585430]A friend just sent me one of the White Falcon corporate’s he got from SM at about the same time I got my silver Falcon pro’s. While he sent it in a plastic case for safety, it has several scratches & blemishes in the dye. Don’t know if my friend is responsible or not. The media code is TTH01. I’ve never seen that one before. Googling it shows it as “TDK scratch proof”.

He also sent me a CMC disc that also has blemishes in the dye. Not sure how he could have caused that, but odd that 2 different discs have similar visual imperfections.[/QUOTE]
TTH01 are the discs that I mentioned the other day.:wink: